× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear r6300v2 Router after firmware version 1.0.4.6 update won't connect with remote PC

aznetcowboy
Aspirant

Netgear r6300v2 Router after firmware version 1.0.4.6 update won't connect with remote PC

After installing firmware number 1.0.4.6 I cannot connect via my remote PC which should be online sending data to the US Weather Bureau and the Weather Underground 24 hours a day. However, I cannot connect to the router from my weather PC even though the Netgear Genie sees the weather PC. My weather station on the roof seems to be attached to the router okay via a Cat-5E cable, but the PC which is also connected via a Cat-5E cable cannot see the weather station or can I connect the weather PC to the network now. This started as soon as I did the firmware update.

The best way to describe the router connections are as follows:

• The Weather Station is connected to Port # 1;
  • My Cox Security Router (also a Netgear unit) is connected to Port # 2;
  • The remote weather Dell PC is connected to Port # 3;
  • My primary HP PC is connect to Port # 4;
  • My Modem connection to Cox Communications is connected to Port # N.

I am running all three of my comouters which includes a laptop on Windows 10. Any suggestions as to what is going on here? 

Model: R6300v2|AC1750 Dual Band Gigabit router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Netgear r6300v2 Router after firmware version 1.0.4.6 update won't connect with remote PC

Hi @aznetcowboy,

1.If you have not done it yet, it is recommended to perform a factory reset after a firmware update. The link below may help out.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9665

2. Make sure the weather PC can ping the other devices on the network and vice versa.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Netgear r6300v2 Router after firmware version 1.0.4.6 update won't connect with remote PC

Hi @aznetcowboy,

1.If you have not done it yet, it is recommended to perform a factory reset after a firmware update. The link below may help out.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9665

2. Make sure the weather PC can ping the other devices on the network and vice versa.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 4
aznetcowboy
Aspirant

Thanks for the idea of doing the ping. I never gave that the first thought.That helped me narrow down my problem and my Weatherlink unit is communicating. I also changed my dhcp setting from 192.168.1.1-254 to 192.168.0.100-199 which where my units were set up before. I suspect that was a major part of the problem, but the Pinging sure helped.

Thanks again!

Man Very Happy

Model: R6300v2|AC1750 Dual Band Gigabit router
Message 3 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @aznetcowboy,

You are welcome and thank you for the confirmation.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7