× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New AP cause slow apps on smartphone

tress
Aspirant

So I recently changed my setpmup from default ISP modem/router to 2 netgear wac 540 AP's.

Since then certain apps on my tablet and smartphone are very slow to open.

There is not issue with connectivity to the AP's I believe. Since the google chrome app on both tablet and smartphone work fine. And my laptop works perfectly fine as well.

I think I'm missing some setting somewhere that is interfering with these apps. The apps in question are mostly streaming services, but also the controls for my smart heating.

I already tried turning the randomized MAC off for tablet and smartphone.

Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Re: New AP cause slow apps on smartphone

Any other Wireless routers on air, or just the two WAC540?

All radios (2.4 GHz and both 5 GHz radios on each WAC540) configured to very different channel sets? 

Message 2 of 4
hawkcl
Aspirant

So I recently changed my setpmup from default ISP modem/router to 2 netgear wac 540 AP's.

Since then certain apps on my tablet and smartphone are very slow to open.

There is not issue with connectivity to the AP's I believe. Since the google chrome app on both tablet and smartphone work fine. And my laptop works perfectly fine as well.

I think I'm missing some setting somewhere that is interfering with these apps. The apps in question are mostly streaming services, but also the controls for my smart heating.

I already tried turning the randomized MAC off for tablet and smartphone.

Any suggestions?

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: New AP cause slow apps on smartphone

Whats managing the AP's?

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements