× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

One router two models

ECHEE
Follower

One router two models

Hi there NETGEAR community, I recently purchased and installed a D6220 router for my home and am able to access it remotely via the Genie App. Now here’s the weird part: When I am in the app and go to; Netork map; Remote; it then asks which router I wish to manage remotely, and shows just 1 option which is a picture of a D6400 router and the same serial number as my D6220 router. So I click on that (the only) option and it seems to connect to my home network as normal. So one day at home with 2 iPhones I logged in local on one phone and remotely on the other phone, I’ll attach a picture of the result which clearly shows two different router numbers yet all the devices are the same. Any thoughts or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

RouterRouter

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: One router two models

Looks like the D6220 is falsely announced as a D6400 when registered for remote access. We have seen smillar issues that configured device names don't properly pass to the remote administration registration btw. @Christian_R  @ChristineT  more work for the consumer engineering...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Looks like the D6220 is falsely announced as a D6400 when registered for remote access. We have seen smillar issues that configured device names don't properly pass to the remote administration registration btw. @Christian_R  @ChristineT  more work for the consumer engineering...

Message 2 of 3
schumaku
Guru

@DarrenM  that should be another easy bug to fix ....!!!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7