× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6200 Restore to Factory Defaul by Itself

APlone
Follower

R6200 Restore to Factory Defaul by Itself

In the last 2 month i had 2 of this routers that after power down and power back up, router did restore back to default setting in it is own. They are located at 2 different locations, different internet ip location, but they had the same symptoms . When I try to go back in to the router setup and change all the setting to my custom, the NEtgear Genie had lot issues on starting, I was not able to get to the router setup until I connected the internet cable.Once internet connection did setup automatically I was able to change other setting, wifi SSID password…..
This is very weird issue, not sure why it did happen. I did restore firmware on the router.
Can this be an issue with somebody successfully infiltrated the router and install some virus?

Model: R6200|Dual Band 11ac WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: R6200 Restore to Factory Defaul by Itself

If you're on the current 1.0.1.58 firmware, you could always try downgrading and disabling auto-update. 

I've occasionally seen versions of firmware that cause random factory resets. If you've got 2x devices, put the newer firmware on one and an older version on the other. If only one resets after that, you'll know the cause. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7