× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

[R6300 v2] readyshare usb printer no longer working after latest Windows 10 updates

deusxanime
Initiate

[R6300 v2] readyshare usb printer no longer working after latest Windows 10 updates

It seems like after a recent round of Windows 10 updates a week or two ago that the Netgear USB Control Center is no longer working so I can't connect and print to the USB printer (HP LaserJet P1005) I have hooked up to my router. When I start up the program it just stays blank and never connects. I tried doing a repair and after that I couldn't even get Control Center to start. A full uninstall and reinstall at least got me back to where I was - I can start the program but it stays blank and never seems to connect to my router/printer. Used to work just fine prior to this.

Anyone else having this problem and if it is an issue with new Windows 10 updates is there a fix coming?

Model: R6300v2|AC1750 Dual Band Gigabit router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
deusxanime
Initiate

Re: [R6300 v2] readyshare usb printer no longer working after latest Windows 10 updates

#2 Seemed to fix it, kind of. I power cycled the printer itself and that seems to have reinitialized the USB and it is now detected again. I didn't have to unplug/replug, but guessing it amounted to pretty much the same thing. Thanks!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: [R6300 v2] readyshare usb printer no longer working after latest Windows 10 updates

Hi @deusxanime,

1. What is the firmware version of the router?

2. Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting the printer from the USB port?

3. To ensure that the USB port works, please try connecting a USB flash drive and check if it is detected (USB LED lights up and device is detected under ReadySHARE).

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 3
deusxanime
Initiate

#2 Seemed to fix it, kind of. I power cycled the printer itself and that seems to have reinitialized the USB and it is now detected again. I didn't have to unplug/replug, but guessing it amounted to pretty much the same thing. Thanks!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7