× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router Blocking Chase Website

Uranium
Aspirant

Router Blocking Chase Website

Hi,

My R6300v2 is blocking my banks website.  I can log on to the site but when it redirects to my account after entering my user name and password, it just times out.

How do I know it's the router?  Because I have a cisco router that accesses the site fine when I swap out the netgear for the cisco.  There is a lot that I don't know about networking and routers and I seem to be at my wits end.  Any help will be appreciated.

Model: R6300v2|AC1750 Dual Band Gigabit router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Router Blocking Chase Website

spoof the Cisco WAN MAC

locate cisco WAN MAC and use it on Netgear...setup....internet ....use this MAC....enter cisco mac..

Different mac will pull different Public IP in most cases The IP may be flagged on the Chase network.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

spoof the Cisco WAN MAC

locate cisco WAN MAC and use it on Netgear...setup....internet ....use this MAC....enter cisco mac..

Different mac will pull different Public IP in most cases The IP may be flagged on the Chase network.

Message 2 of 3
Uranium
Aspirant

I'll be a monkeys uncle, it worked.  Thanks searay, I thought I was going to have to buy another router.  I just knew that was a waste of my time.  Very Good.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7