× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Simultaneous dual band portable router

Giovanni04
Aspirant

Simultaneous dual band portable router

Good morning everyone, I'm looking for a portable router that allows simoultaneous dual band, but I can't find anything on the internet. I hope I'm in the right section.

Thanks for your answer

Giovanni

Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

are you looking for a portable router or a portable hotspot? 

There's a little bit of a difference. 

Message 2 of 6
Giovanni04
Aspirant

Thank you that was quick!

I just bought a TP-Link Archer MR600 from amazon, but hasn't arrived yet. I'm thinking if there is either a portable router or hotspot, with the same performance, but with a built-in battery and possibly smaller. Actually I'm not sure if MR600 supports simultaneous dual-band, how can we know that?

I'm going to use it with a 4G sim card to work on my laptop at 2.4ghz, which doesn't support 5ghz, and play online on my ps4 at 5ghz.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Mobile Router products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with mobile routers and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this router forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Mobile-Routers-Hotspots-Modems/bd-p/aircard

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you

Message 4 of 6
Giovanni04
Aspirant

Oh I didn't notice it, thank you

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

👍