× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Unable to login to router WNR612 even after factory reset

ArigatoManga
Follower

Unable to login to router WNR612 even after factory reset

Hi all,

I'm unable to login to my router - WNR612v3 N150 even after factory reset.

The username/password provided behind the router are - admin/password but when i try with those credentials it still asks me for username.

Because of this my internet has been unstable over the past few days, can someone help me with this issue.

Thanks,

A

Message 1 of 3

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

and feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

It will also have any software, firmware and drivers for your device.

By the way the WNR612v3 is seriously old (2012). According to Netgear's manual for this device, not always the most reliable source of information, the LAN and WAN support only 10BASE-T or 100BASE-TX. That makes it slower than many newer internet services and most modern network hardware. This may not matter to you, but be warned that it will hobble you if you ever sign up for faster Internet. It also slows down whatever is going on in your local network. Newer devices support 1000BASE-TX.

The wifi may also not be up to much. It does not even support 5 GHz wifi.

Nothing wrong with it being old, just don't expect too much.

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

When many factory reset, they just click the button. It needs to be pushed and held for 7-15 seconds while the device is powered on. 

That gets you back to the defaults.

Also make sure you disable any password managers as they can sometimes overwrite the info you're putting in. 

Might be time to check into an upgrade. That's an old single band N150 router that was slow when it was released 8 years ago. Unless you're on a pretty slow dsl connection, you might see decent performance improvements with an updated router. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7