× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Betreff: WNR 2200 No Connection to modem

Hypnos
Aspirant

WNR 2200 No Connection to modem

Hello!

Forst things first, I am from Germany and my provider is Kabel Deutschland. Sorry if some terms are incorrect 🙂

We have the WNR2200 for acouple of years now and everything was fine. Last thursday there was an error on the provider's side so all customers in Germany had no Internet for about a day.

The error seems to be fixed, when I connect via LAN to my modem (which is from Kabel Deutschland), I have an internet connection. But the router can't connect, although I did not change anything.

The second lamp from the left which indicates the internet connection glows still orange. I tried turning it off an on again, I tried changing the wires, I set it back to factory settings, but nothing worked. The Netgear Genie keeps me running in a circle, just giving me this two options: changing wires or turning it off and on again.

Is there a solution to this? Or is the router broken after three years in use? Should I consider simply buying a new one tomorrow?

Thanks for your help,

Christoph

Model: WNR2200|N300 Wireless Router|EOL
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Did the Internet light on the router turn green after you cloned the MAC address of your computer onto the router?

Can you access the Internet through your router's LAN port?  If so, then your WLAN is probably not set up.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
Hypnos
Aspirant

I tried something a saw in another post for a different model, though.

I opened the genie and set the router to use the MAC of the computer I have internet acces with.

A new window opened up saying congratulations on setting up your router, but there is still no internet via WLAN, the globe is still glowing orange. 😞

Message 2 of 5
Hypnos
Aspirant

Updating firmware also brought no solution.

Message 3 of 5
TheEther
Guru

Did the Internet light on the router turn green after you cloned the MAC address of your computer onto the router?

Can you access the Internet through your router's LAN port?  If so, then your WLAN is probably not set up.

Message 4 of 5
Hypnos
Aspirant

I... kind of... followed your advice.

I connected the PC with the router, but still no connection to the internet.

So I copied the PCs MAC-address again, set the genie to "use the computer's MAC-address" and then some magic happened and now everything works fine again.

I'm a liitle bit confused but very very happy right now 🙂

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7