× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WNR2500 Slow WiFi Speeds

RobTheCableGuy
Aspirant

WNR2500 Slow WiFi Speeds

I am experiencing slow wifi speeds on my WNR2500 N450 router. I have a 100/5 Mbps internet connection and I am able to get these speeds both wirelessly and hardwired from my DOCSIS gateway, but I am only able to get about 16/5 Mbps on my Netgear router. I have disabled the 2.4 GHz band on my DOCSIS gateway and verified that there is no co-channel or adjacent channel interference affecting the router which is set on channel 6. I have replaced the DOCSIS gateway (went from an ARRIS to a Technicolor), swapped ethernet cables, tested on multiple devices (Macbook air, iPhone 6S Plus, Dell Laptop) Made sure that all devices on my network are N compatible, updated the firmware (currently on version V1.0.0.32NA) Factory reset the router several times and I'm still having the same issue. Is there something simple that I'm missing? I would appreciate any help I could get on this.

Thanks

Model: WNR2500|N450 Wireless Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Unforunately, it's already considered a faulty unit. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Welcome to the community, @RobTheCableGuy

How long have you had the router? 

It seems that you have done most troubleshooting for it. 

By the way, did you experience this problem with the previous firmware version?

Try the reset instructions below.

1. With the unit powered on, press and hold the reset button on the back of unit for 30seconds.

2. Without releasing the reset button, unplug the unit and hold reset for another 30 seconds.

3. Power on the unit while STILL pushing the reset button and count for another 30 seconds before letting it go. 

Message 2 of 4
RobTheCableGuy
Aspirant

I have had the router for about two years, but I've kept it in the box until this week and just used my DOCSIS gateway for WiFi. I had the same issue on the previous firmware and only updated it to see if it would help correct the issue. I followed your reset instructions and afterwards, my router showed only a blinking power light for about 20 minutes. After it came back up I am still seeing the same speeds. Average of 18/5 Mbps.

Message 3 of 4
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Unforunately, it's already considered a faulty unit. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7