× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Will wifi extender work with RBR40 mesh?

ydlazkov
Tutor

Will wifi extender work with RBR40 mesh?

I got RBR40 + 1 satellite setup in my house. But I think need a wifi extender to boost the wifi connectivity and speed at the area farthest from the mesh. From what I see to the videos and instructions, in order to connect the wifi extender, I need to click the WPS button on the router. But RBR40 doesn't have that button.

Will Netgear EX6150 wifi extender work with my RBR40?

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Will wifi extender work with RBR40 mesh?

orbi uses the sync button as a wps button.

With that being said, I wouldn't use an extender with orbi. it'll create a seperate ssid as well as orbi tries to dynamically move devices between devices/radios. An extender will add interference, a seperate ssid (half the point of orbi), and potentially drop connection because of orbi moving it around.  It'll work but I'd highly recommend buying a seperate satellite for the orbi so you keep your seamless integration, seamless roaming, and wireless backhaul. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: Will wifi extender work with RBR40 mesh?

orbi uses the sync button as a wps button.

With that being said, I wouldn't use an extender with orbi. it'll create a seperate ssid as well as orbi tries to dynamically move devices between devices/radios. An extender will add interference, a seperate ssid (half the point of orbi), and potentially drop connection because of orbi moving it around.  It'll work but I'd highly recommend buying a seperate satellite for the orbi so you keep your seamless integration, seamless roaming, and wireless backhaul. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7