× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wndr4500v2 no internet connection

Tech_Newbie
Aspirant

Wndr4500v2 no internet connection

Ever since I turned my WiFi router off and on, the WiFi and internet haven’t been working. My pc prompted me to log in using admin credentials, which I did, and took me to the net gear genie page. I checked the internet status there and it said that it was good. I even tested the internet connection and it congratulated me on the internet connecting successfully. However, this did not do anything for my ability to connect to the internet on my desktop or to the WiFi on other devices. On my PC it says that there is no internet on both Ethernet and WiFi. I have tried doing a factory reset on the router, updating my PC, and unplugging and replugging the Ethernet cable that goes from the router to the motel. Anybody have any advice? I’ve got no WiFi or internet access, help!
Model: WNDR4500v2|N900 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
wcalifas
Prodigy

Re: Wndr4500v2 no internet connection

If you have cable internet you'll have to restart the modem again also. First restart the modem and let it reboot and let it connectt to the internet. Then connect the wndr4500 to the modem and run the setup again. See if that helps out because if you have cable internet the modem marries the router so once you reboot your router you'll have to reboot the modem also first. Let us know what happens

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7

All Replies
wcalifas
Prodigy

If you have cable internet you'll have to restart the modem again also. First restart the modem and let it reboot and let it connectt to the internet. Then connect the wndr4500 to the modem and run the setup again. See if that helps out because if you have cable internet the modem marries the router so once you reboot your router you'll have to reboot the modem also first. Let us know what happens

Message 2 of 7
Tech_Newbie
Aspirant

@wcalifas  There's a yellow cable connecting the motem and the wndr4500. Should I disconnect it before rebooting the motem, and when it's done rebooting, reconnect the motem and the wndr4500 via the yellow cable?

Message 3 of 7
wcalifas
Prodigy

Yes disconnect it, wait til the modem is fully booted up, then connect the wndr4500 to the modem. Make sure the cable going to the router is on the yellow internet port on the router and not on one of the 4 ports for the LAN.
Message 4 of 7
Tech_Newbie
Aspirant

My wifi works now!! Thanks! The only thing that isn't working though, is the internet on my desktop. It still says no internet. Running a diagnostics test tells me that there is a problem with the modem and that I should restart it. I'm a little worried that it'll mess up my having the wifi though (my phone and laptop are connected to the wifi, just not the desktop). Should I restart the modem again the same way you described? Or can I just factory reset the modem? Thank you!

Message 5 of 7
wcalifas
Prodigy

Just restart your desktop computer and make sure its connected to the router on one of the four ethernet ports (LAN) of your wndr4500.
Message 6 of 7
Tech_Newbie
Aspirant

@wcalifas  I just waited for a while and it eventually connected to the internet. Thank you so much for your help!!!!!!! You're a life saver Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7