× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: iPad connects but think pads cannot

D1812
Aspirant

iPad connects but think pads cannot

Using WNDR3700v4 I can connect to Internet with iPad3 but three different think pads connect to NETGEAR96 but there is no internet connection. I have returned to factory settings many times without results. Using Windows 10 on one and win7 on other two. Furthermore I cannot establish a hardware internet connection either. 

Model: WNDR3700v4|N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router,JNR3210|N300 Gigabit USB Wireless Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
D1812
Aspirant

Problem resolved but questions remain. Last night there was brief power failure and this morning the Thinkpads started connecting wirelessly with the web. However, during the past week I had disconnected all the devises so a brief power outage was not anything new.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Welcome to the community, @D1812

What's the brand and model of the modem you have?

Who is your ISP?

I suggest that you try following the steps from the article below. 

I cannot access the Internet with my NETGEAR router; what troubleshooting steps should I follow?

Message 2 of 5
D1812
Aspirant

The brand of modem is Arris TM822 and provider is Optimum. It's my modem. This started when was trying to use a cellular connection for Internet and placed the router in bridge mode. It's been many factory settings return since then. 

I upgraded the drivers and ran commands like 

As Administrator
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /registerdns
Ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
NETSH winsock reset catalog
NETSH int ipv4 reset reset.log
NETSH int ipv6 reset reset.log

i also changed cables 

i had two computers that were connected to the router at the time. I had an older thinkpad running win7 32 and tried that without success. I am writing this on my iPad which connects and  the websites you referred me to are when nothing connects. 

I appreciate any help you can provide

Message 3 of 5
D1812
Aspirant

In addition as previously mentioned the computer also doesn't  connect when hard wired. All the lights on the router are illuminated correctly. The second light from the top is not illuminated. I don't know what that means.

i have a plan with T mobile for unlimited use for two phones and would like to dump cable and using a tethered cell phone, connect a computer to the router. Should this be as simple as hardwiring the tethered computer to router's Internet port? 

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
D1812
Aspirant

Problem resolved but questions remain. Last night there was brief power failure and this morning the Thinkpads started connecting wirelessly with the web. However, during the past week I had disconnected all the devises so a brief power outage was not anything new.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7