× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

jnr1010v2 is not connecting to the internet but working fine when i connect cable directly

somesuga
Aspirant

jnr1010v2 is not connecting to the internet but working fine when i connect cable directly

Hello,

I have a 1 year old netgear wifi router, model number JNR1010v2. It was working fine until recently. It does not connect to the internet since a week .I suspect that it is because of the firmware upate to VersionV1.1.0.32_1.0.1. Since then i am facing the difficulties in connecting. I have showed the problem to my Service provider and he said the MAC id is the problem and he removed the MAC id for my connection. But after a week of the fix i am facing the same problem.

However, I am able to connect to the inetenet if i connect the ethernet cable directly to my laptop or PC. If i connect the same ethernet cable to the router, all the 3 led lights(Power, Internet n wifi signals)for the internet does light up & i am unable to connect to internet,

Can you please suggest a solution to my problem?

Details:

Model Number: JNR1010v2

ISP: Excell Media  (Provides an ethernet cable to home).

Service provider provides staic IP,subnetmask,default gateway etc

Thanks in advance

Ganesh

Model: JNR1010v2|N150 Wireless Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: jnr1010v2 is not connecting to the internet but working fine when i connect cable directly

Hello @somesuga

Welcome to the community!

After the firmware update, did you reset the router?

If not, I suggest that you do a factory reset by using a paperclip to push the reset button on it for 10 seconds.

Once done, reconfigure the router. Follow the steps here on how configure

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: jnr1010v2 is not connecting to the internet but working fine when i connect cable directly

Hello @somesuga

Welcome to the community!

After the firmware update, did you reset the router?

If not, I suggest that you do a factory reset by using a paperclip to push the reset button on it for 10 seconds.

Once done, reconfigure the router. Follow the steps here on how configure

Message 2 of 4
somesuga
Aspirant

Thanks @ElaineMfor your quick response 

I have tried resetting the router after the firmware update. It didn't work. 

This time i tried again and it was not able to connect,  i have given the Router MAC id to configure the Internet and it did worked.

Thanks again..

Regards,

GAnesh 

Message 3 of 4
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You're very welcome.

Glad that it's working now.

Have a great day!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7