× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

unable to access settings r6400v2

shimensoka363
Follower

unable to access settings r6400v2

So I picked up an R6400v2 second hand. First thing I did was a factory reset via the recessed 'reset' button for 7 seconds. When I try to access the settings page via IP, routerlogin.net, or routerlogin.com, it takes me to a blank page. I've tried edge and chrome, with clearing history, connecting via wifi and ethernet, and tried connecting on my android phone and using chrome there. To rule out subnet issues, I've tried connecting with the router not connected to anything else, including my modem. I can't see any reason I shouldn't be able to access router settings with no internet. The nighthawk app will connect, but keeps insisting there's not internet, even when plugged into my modem. My modem is a modem only, no router features included. I have cable internet and went and bought my own modem so I didn't have to rely on a gateway from my ISP. As I cannot get anything to load when trying to connect, I haven't the slightest idea what firmware I'm running.

Hoping I'm just missing something blindingly obvious and didn't purchase a dud.

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: unable to access settings r6400v2

Same thing happens with a different browser and can you access 192.168.1.1 at all, even with a different PC or laptop? 

Message 2 of 3

Re: unable to access settings r6400v2

@shimensoka363 wrote:

Hoping I'm just missing something blindingly obvious and didn't purchase a dud.

Did you try it with the R6400v2 wired to a PC and nothing else?

• Unplug PC from everything else.
  • Plug PC into router.
  • Turn off router.
  • Reboot PC
  • Turn on router.

Try the usual IP addresses.

If that fails, could be a dud.

Don't forget, the r6400v2 is pretty old. 2017 based on a 2015 original. Hardly the newest kid on the block.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7