× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: update issue with my firmware on R6250

dturi
Initiate

update issue with my firmware on R6250

I received an Email today that says to update my router.  When I use the tool online to check for updates it says I have the latest version.  However, online I see two other versions more recent than the one I have.  My current Firmware Version is V1.0.4.38_10.1.30.  I see two others since that one when I do a general search. I see these two since mine:  1.0.4.44 and also 1.0.4.48.  Should I manually update using those and if so, s  hould I update each of them or just the latest one ending in 48?  

Model: R6250|Smart WiFi Router (AC1600)
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
RICK_T_FIED
Tutor

I logged in just now to report the same thing with my R6250.  i saw an email about the firmware update, logged into the router and clicked check for update.  The R6250 politely said NO NEW FIRMWARE AVAILABLE.

i also noticed there were two updates available.  I did the updates in two steps, checking to see if the automatic update would return after flashing to the 1.0.4.44 version which was released September 23, 2020.   The automatic update detection failed with that firmware as well.

I am now on the 1.0.4.48 firmware.  I have no idea if the router remains hobbled when the next firmware upgrade appears.

Please let us know what to expect.

Thanks.

RICK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
RICK_T_FIED
Tutor

I logged in just now to report the same thing with my R6250.  i saw an email about the firmware update, logged into the router and clicked check for update.  The R6250 politely said NO NEW FIRMWARE AVAILABLE.

i also noticed there were two updates available.  I did the updates in two steps, checking to see if the automatic update would return after flashing to the 1.0.4.44 version which was released September 23, 2020.   The automatic update detection failed with that firmware as well.

I am now on the 1.0.4.48 firmware.  I have no idea if the router remains hobbled when the next firmware upgrade appears.

Please let us know what to expect.

Thanks.

RICK

Message 2 of 3
dturi
Initiate

I also went ahead and manually updated the two newer versions.  Thanks.  Always good to know it's not just me with the problem:)

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7