× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cant configure switch gs724t

jolato
Aspirant

Cant configure switch gs724t

I make a really error... Smiley Sad

I change the vlan id to manage the switch, and i cant connect to ip switch through web access... I dont know to connect the switch, because i cant find the cli.

Please help me.

thanks in advanded.

Model: GS724Tv2|24-port Gigabit Smart Switch|EOL
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Carl_z
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Cant configure switch gs724t

Hi jolato,

I am sorry but as I known we can only do a factory deafult by press the Factory Default Reset button on the front panel for more than one second to restore the factory default.

After do a factory default all current configurations would be erased. And if no dhcp server the management ip address would be 192.168.0.239.

Regards

Carl

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
Carl_z
NETGEAR Expert

Hi jolato,

Welcome to the Community!

I think the trouble appear because we changed the management vlan id, but there is no port defualt to this vlan.

So can you think back wether you assign any port to the newly applied management vlan ?

If there is a port in the new management vlan and port pvid = management vlan, try to connect the mangement cable to the port .Then the switch would get back.

If there is not port in it. I hope you have a backup of configuration file. Then we could do a factory default then restore the configuration.

Regards

Carl

Netgear Employee

Message 2 of 4
jolato
Aspirant

Hi Carl.

I cant change the vlan of port because i dont entry in the switch, i havent a port with the same vlan of management. I have a big mistake... Smiley Sad

this switch dont have other method to access the management??

Regards

Message 3 of 4
Carl_z
NETGEAR Expert

Hi jolato,

I am sorry but as I known we can only do a factory deafult by press the Factory Default Reset button on the front panel for more than one second to restore the factory default.

After do a factory default all current configurations would be erased. And if no dhcp server the management ip address would be 192.168.0.239.

Regards

Carl

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements