× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS108E turn off EEE?

xsv
Aspirant
Aspirant

GS108E turn off EEE?

Hi,

Is it possible to completely turn off the EEE (Energy Efficiency Settings) on the GS108E Switch?\

I have situation where the unmanaged switch is going to sleep and disconnecting from part of the network.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: GS108E turn off EEE?

Hi @xsv,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

As I have research about your concern, there is no option to turn off EEE (Energy Efficiency Settings) on the GS108E switch.  As reference, kindly read page 61 of the Gigabit Web Managed (Plus) Switches user manual here  where it says:  "Power saving options are available only on these Unmanaged Plus Switch models GS105Ev2, GS105PE, GS116Ev2, JGS516PE, JGS524Ev2, and JGS524PE."  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @xsv,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

As I have research about your concern, there is no option to turn off EEE (Energy Efficiency Settings) on the GS108E switch.  As reference, kindly read page 61 of the Gigabit Web Managed (Plus) Switches user manual here  where it says:  "Power saving options are available only on these Unmanaged Plus Switch models GS105Ev2, GS105PE, GS116Ev2, JGS516PE, JGS524Ev2, and JGS524PE."  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@xsv,

I just want to follow-up on this.  Let us know if you have further questions.

Otherwise, if ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 4
xsv
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Dane - pitty there is no 8 port model with this option...  Thank you for your quick response.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements