× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Trade in Your Old Business Device and Save

BretD
Admin

Trade in Your Old Business Device and Save

trade-in-promo-may2019.png

TRADE IN AND SAVE

Receive 20% money back when you trade in your old switch, access point or network storage product.

Act now through June 7th to get more for less. Get money back for your old device trade in when you purchase a new NETGEAR Insight managed device.

Go to the NETGEAR Trade in and Save Promo Page.

Message 1 of 20

Accepted Solutions
BretD
Admin

Re: Trade in Your Old Business Device and Save

I've inquired about the program to clarify. See answers below:

1. Is there any place to what devices or class of device is accepted for trade-in?  In your heading it say's "Old Business Device", but everywhere else it's more broad "old switch, AP, or NAS".  Is it literally any switch, AP, or NAS from anyone? only ones from Netgear? etc.

• You can trade in literally any switch, AP or NAS either from NETGEAR or another brand.

2. Is it one trade-in per new product or per order? 

• One Trade In Per Product; therefore you must purchase a new Insight Managed Device product first then trade-in for that product

3. How are bundles (ie. 3-pk AP) handled?  Are they considered a single product? 

• TBD on this.

4. Is there a limit to the number of trade-in's?

• No, there is not as long as you are purchasing a new Insight Managed product for each trade in.

5. Can multiple trade-in's be packaged together or each one individually boxed?

• YES!

6. I'm assuming we would just be sending the device and we wouldn't include any accessories, manuals, etc.  True?

• True! Just the device is fine.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 20

All Replies
lrivers
Star

I've looked through the term/conditions and program webpage but can't find the answers I'm needing.  Looking for some clarity on a few aspects of this program, hoping you can help. 

1. Is there any place to what devices or class of device is accepted for trade-in?  In your heading it say's "Old Business Device", but everywhere else it's more broad "old switch, AP, or NAS".  Is it literally any switch, AP, or NAS from anyone? only ones from Netgear? etc.

3. How are bundles (ie. 3-pk AP) handled?  Are they considered a single product? 

6. I'm assuming we would just be sending the device and we wouldn't include any accessories, manuals, etc.  True?

Sorry for so many questions.

Thanks! 

Message 2 of 20
lrivers
Star

This promotion is still ongoing, it may have original been to June 7, but it was either extended or restarted.  It doesn't end until June 28.  

Anybody know someone I can contact or somewhere I can find more information?  I have looked everywhere on the webpage for the promotion and followed every link, but nothing has the information to answer any of my questions.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 20
BretD
Admin

I've inquired about the program to clarify. See answers below:

• You can trade in literally any switch, AP or NAS either from NETGEAR or another brand.

• One Trade In Per Product; therefore you must purchase a new Insight Managed Device product first then trade-in for that product

• TBD on this.

• No, there is not as long as you are purchasing a new Insight Managed product for each trade in.

• YES!

• True! Just the device is fine.
Message 4 of 20
lrivers
Star

Great, thanks, I appreciate you getting me this information.   I am planning on getting a couple of AP bundles, so if you could let me know whenever you hear back.

Thanks again!

Message 5 of 20
lrivers
Star

Not to be a pest, but can you also find out if access points must be dedicated access points or if it includes routers that can be used as an access point?

Thanks!

Message 6 of 20
BretD
Admin

WAC510 can be used in Router mode.

https://www.netgear.com/images/datasheet/wireless/InsightManagedWireless/WAC540.pdf

(Product comparison section shows WAC505, WAC510 and WAC540)

Message 7 of 20
BretD
Admin

If you have devices that are bundled devices, go ahead and ship each device as their own discount. 

Message 8 of 20
lrivers
Star

Thanks for all the information, i've placed my order and will start the process.
Not to belabor the issue (i can be slow sometime :-)) just want to make sure i do this right. I bought a 5 pack of wac505's(WAC505B05-100NAS), so do i need to send 1 device for the bundle?
Message 9 of 20
BretD
Admin

Awesome! If those devices are sold in a bundle, there should be no problem. We look forward to getting your request in.

-Bret

Message 10 of 20
lrivers
Star

Thanks for all your help with this.  Much appreciated.

I ended up getting the gc752xp, gc110, 3 - wac540's, and a 5 pk of wac505's.

Again, thank you very much!

Message 11 of 20
BretD
Admin

Sweeeet! Don't forget to submit your forms as the promo ends shortly!

@lrivers wrote:

Thanks for all your help with this.  Much appreciated.

I ended up getting the gc752xp, gc110, 3 - wac540's, and a 5 pk of wac505's.

Again, thank you very much!

Message 12 of 20
lrivers
Star

I think something's wrong, I've clicked on the "Start Trade-in" link, filled out the form, and clicked on "Submit".  

It gives me an empty webpage with the message: 

"Thank you for submitting your form.
You will soon receive a pre-paid shipping label"

Only problem is I never get an email acknowleding the submission nor containing a label to print.  I have waited about 8 hours, so I've given it some time to process, but nothing.   I've tried it several times with both chrome and IE and had the exact same result with both.  I also checked my spam folder, nothing there.  

Is there something I'm missing or not doing?

Message 13 of 20
BretD
Admin

We physically mail out the shipping forms. It will take a few days. Let me know if you don't receive it in the next few days.

Thanks,

-Bret

Message 14 of 20
lrivers
Star

Thanks Bret,

I called sales support about an hour ago, before I saw your update, and spoke with Fred.  He said he would look into it on his end and get back to me.  I actually filled the form out a couple of weeks ago when I was looking into the program (was just seeing where it took me) but I am sure I have not received anything email wise, I wasn't looking for it via physical mail so its possible I got it and didn't recognize it for what it was.    The terms and agreement says "label will be emailed", so I was expecting it instantly if not within a few hours, if it is physical mail that would explain why I haven't received it yet.

I'm sure it will get worked out some how or another.  My main concern now is at least getting "registered" for the program before it expires, since I have not received any acknowledgement, I don't know where I stand.

Message 15 of 20
lrivers
Star

Crisis averted!   The one from a few weeks ago was mismarked as having been done.  They are now sending me 5 labels for each one I submitted.  🙂   I told Fred to let them know I'm sending them all in one box, so I only need 1 of them...might save somebody some time on a Friday afternoon. 🙂

Thanks for all the assistance and sticking with me!

Have a good weekend!

Message 16 of 20
BretD
Admin

Awesome. let me know if you need anything else.

Message 17 of 20
lrivers
Star

Was packing my old devices into a single box to ship and decided to reread everything to make sure I was doing everything right.  Realized I missed something the first time around about one of your answers.

Can multiple trade-in's be packaged together or each one individually boxed?

You said "YES"...but to which one?  

Thanks!

Message 18 of 20
BretD
Admin

If you can fit multiples in one box, please do that!

-Bret

Message 19 of 20
lrivers
Star

Perfect!

Your assistance and patience on this journey is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Message 20 of 20
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements