× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

anyone had issues with latest firmware .40

unchewable
Aspirant

anyone had issues with latest firmware .40

I am moving from 3com dummy switchs to 3 JGS524Ev2 switch's all had the older 2.0.1.26 firmware. I had windows 10 stations that were not able to use microsoft apps or update after moving most everything over to these switch's so I figured upgrading firmware would be simple I would do 1 at a time then pull the last remaining machines off the 3com switchs. When I upgraded to the newest version for these switchs (2.0.1.40) on just one switch it created a issue where I was no longer able to log in on chrome I figured no biggey. Then it kicked off everyone on the other switch I did find I had a bad ethernet cord on a connected switch and unplugged that  and it seemed to settle down but that had never been a issue before. Should i revert back to the older firmware? I am worried now that I am going all in with netgear that I made a mistake as this is not confidence inspiring.

Model: JGS524Ev2|ProSAFE Plus 24-port Gigabit Switch
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
ElaineP
NETGEAR Expert

Re: anyone had issues with latest firmware .40

Hi unchewable,

Welcome to Netgear Community!

You do not need to reverse back to the older firmware, use the latest version 2.0.1.40.

JGS524Ev2 works with Category 5e (Cat 5e) or better Ethernet cable.

Regards,

NETGEAR Employee.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
ElaineP
NETGEAR Expert

Hi unchewable,

Welcome to Netgear Community!

You do not need to reverse back to the older firmware, use the latest version 2.0.1.40.

JGS524Ev2 works with Category 5e (Cat 5e) or better Ethernet cable.

Regards,

NETGEAR Employee.

Message 2 of 5
unchewable
Aspirant

Awesome thanks I should have all cat 5e but I will check as this is a over haul for a call center this had me freaked out. Seems like everything has calmed down now maybe that shorted wire was causing a loop I can even log into the switch via chrome today without having moved any wires.

Model: JGS524Ev2|ProSAFE Plus 24-port Gigabit Switch
Message 3 of 5
ElaineP
NETGEAR Expert

Hi unchewable,

Please avoid forming loops for network environment. If you see all ports LED blink quickly, and you cannot login the switch, maybe loop happens.

If your concern has been resolved, please mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution.

Regards,

NETGEAR Employee.

Message 4 of 5
unchewable
Aspirant

Yeah the really strange thing was without changing any of the hardware except the firmware change I wasn't able to navigate to the switch via chrome but I could with IE that is what threw me. I am glad I found that loop it has probably been there for years as it was installed by someone else.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements