× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Adapter A6210 not detected--this procedure worked

Amphion
Initiate

Like virtually everyone else here I ran afoul of the v1.0.0.35 driver package in Windows 10.  As my A6210 had been working fine before this totally-munged update I really didn't want to shell out personal $$ for a new adapter.  Digging through this forum provided resolution.

The recommended steps from jprife dated 2016-12-06 worked.  I did not add the genie.

Someone mentioned removing the Netgear driver(s) in Windows.  I concur.  Get the utility DriverStoreExplorer (https://github.com/lostindark/DriverStoreExplorer/releases) and remove all Netgear adapter driver(s) before following jprife's instructions.  Also, this article may be of general interest: http://www.cio.com/article/3001691/windows/how-to-reduce-unnecessary-drivers-in-windows-10.html

Netgear, it's clear to me you are not reading your own support forum, and especially clear you are ignoring the pleas of many, many people.  Although I was able to regain functionality of my adapter after over two hours of research and reconfiguration (a tremendous expenditure of time for something that should have taken mere minutes) I will echo the sentiment expressed by many, and categorically state I won't be buying any more Netgear products.  There are too many other companies out there that make good equipment, actually *do* provide continued support for their products, and do it well.  Netgear has obviously decided to let their (former) customers twist in the wind.

And by the way... I am a former field service engineer, and have been servicing clients' networks for years.  You have not only lost one customer, but every customer I have and will support.  All those tens of thousands in sales your indifference has cost you...  Think about that a minute.

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain Antenna WiFi USB Adapter
Message 51 of 71
eyalglobal
Tutor

Re: Adapter A6210 not detected

Kudos to you . I am not going to spend one more $ on Netgear, virtually no customer service nor forum moderators .
Message 52 of 71
JamesGL
Master

Hi All,

Provide me your contact info if you have issues with Windows 10 not detecting the A6210 adapter.

Message 53 of 71
Bernardlouis
Tutor

Adapter not detected with Windows 10 (usb 2 or 3) and also with Ubuntu 16-10 64 bits. I tried with v1.0.0.25-28-32-34-35 sofwares. Netgear is doing nothing to resolve the problem!

Don't buy any thing from this company.

Message 54 of 71
Bernardlouis
Tutor

Thank you for your help. I did like you and  jprife.

My adapter works very well as I hoped before

Message 55 of 71
laughmar
Aspirant

Cannot get the Genie to pickup the adapter. I have tried all suggestions on the community feedback board. Please help!

Message 56 of 71
magic47
Aspirant

@laughmar - see the post from @JamesGL on 02-27-17.  Not sure what his fix is; I had already dumped my NetGear adapter and replaced it with the D-Link brand which worked perfectly right out of the box.  It is fast too! 

Message 57 of 71
JamesGL
Master

Hi All,

Here is the latest driver that should fix the issue.

https://kb.netgear.com/000037991/A6210-Software-Version-1-0-0-36

Message 58 of 71
Bernardlouis
Tutor

I just installed it. For now the adapter is working. Will the connection be stable? Wait and see!

Message 59 of 71
steveath
Guide

Installed today as suggested. All went well - Genie working and speed good.

I then went out for about 3 hours and left my PC on. When I returned I had no internet connection. This has not been a problem with the TP-Link adaptor I had been using. I tried to open the Genie a few times without success. It was listed on Task Manager but no cpu activity and no connection. I was about to post this information using my laptop when I decide to unplug and plug the adaptor back in. It then connected as previously. Surely this cannot be right - I don't need to unplug etc every time!?

Message 60 of 71
steveath
Guide

Update

Today I switched on my PC and all was well, but in the last hour I have lost the connection 3 times. The Netgear Genie has automatically reconnected after about a minute.

Sorry but still not good enough - I am switching back to my TP-Link.

Message 61 of 71
jprife
Star

I have downloaded and installed the new driver package and NetGenie, and can confirm that everything now works again as it should.  Thanks!  

Message 62 of 71
JamesGL
Master

Hi steveath,

Try to disable the power saving mode of the adapter.

https://kb.netgear.com/20940/Fix-wake-up-issues-for-USB-wireless-adapters

Message 63 of 71
steveath
Guide

Thanks for the tip.

I have disabled the power saving and will see how it goes.

Message 64 of 71
JamesGL
Master

Hi steveath,

Any update if it resolves your issue?

Message 65 of 71
steveath
Guide

I disabled the power saving as suggested. The adaptor still disconnects when my pc goes into sleep mode (Should it do this?), but so far it reconnects without me having to unplug etc. I'll give it a few more days, but if nothing changes then I think it should be ok.

Message 66 of 71
JamesGL
Master

Hi steveath,

It is normal since no activity when the PC is on sleep mode.

Message 67 of 71
steveath
Guide

If that's the case and as the adaptor is re-connecting after "sleep" then I am pleased to say that all is now ok. Thanks for your help JamesGL

Message 68 of 71
battybat
Aspirant

Do you have malwarebytes 3.x installed? If so, remove it. I no longer run it on this computer. 3.x caused issues with this adapter and its also just junk.

Message 69 of 71
JamesGL
Master

Hi steveath,

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Message 70 of 71
steveath
Guide

Hi

Not sure if I have added "Accepted Solution" correctly / I have used add a tag. Please let me know if there is another method.

Message 71 of 71
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7