× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Adapter turns off and i loose connection (Windows 10)

TheMustangGT
Aspirant

Adapter turns off and i loose connection (Windows 10)

So i have this Wifi USB adapter now since November 2015. My concern is, when i play games which need internet to play, then my Wifi stick Turns off and i loose connection. Soon after that it connects by it self and its working for maybe 10 minutes then the same problem happens. I installed the newest driver but that did not help and i tried different usb ports. I use my 5Ghz wifi since the 2.4 is too slow. Does anybody have seme issues or can maybe halp me with this problem?

Model: WNDA3100v3|N600 WIFI USB Adapter
Message 1 of 17
JamesGL
Master

Hi TheMustangGT,

1. When you say it turns off did you mean the adapter is no longer detected or the wireless connection is disconnected?

2. Do you have other wireless devices that works fine or have stable connection from your router?

Message 2 of 17
liftruck
Aspirant

Found this earlier today and seems to have resolved my issue which was like yours. 3+ and rock solid. A record for me. HogesTH replied on I had this problem after updating to Win 10. Wireless would drop out between 2 minutes and a couple of hours. After much research and trying everything mentioned here and other places, this is what fixed it for me. I think it was due to the fact I had VPN software configured on the machine before the upgrade - regardless, this is what I did; 1. Open Device Manager 2. Go to the Network Adapters and expand 3. Go tho the "View" menu and select "Show Hidden Devices" 4. Right click on any ...TAP... network adapter, and select Uninstall 6. Make sure any adapter with TAP in the name is removed. Also any adapters that may be related to VPN's, or in my case 'Avast Secureline TAP adapter v3'. 7. Go to the "Action" menu and select "Scan for hardware changes". This will re-install anything that shouoldn't have been deleted! No need to restart the computer, it has worked fine since. If you need the VPN adapter, you can try re-installing the VPN software and see if it works now - I haven't tried yet.
Message 3 of 17
TheMustangGT
Aspirant

1. I mean that the whole wifi stick turns off and i only see a red cross where the wifi symbole should be. Then it takes up to 10 seconds till it restarts. 2. Yes i have 2 Phones, 2 TV's, and 4 other computers at different times connected to the wifi without any problems. So im a hundred % shure that it is the wifi stick since i have build in wifi with my Motherboard and it worked but i lost my Wifi antennas.

Message 4 of 17
TheMustangGT
Aspirant

Ok thatnks for the Reply. I tried this now and i will tell you if it Fixed my Problem. (I had two TAP devices installed.) Another question. Do i have to also uninstall Microsoft ISATAP Adapter? because there is the TAP in the word.

Message 5 of 17
TheMustangGT
Aspirant

So i dont have the problem that the Wifi stick Disconnect's. But now i have the problem that i get a very high ping and drop yout of the Internet, and then i have to manualy reconnect the Wifi so it starts working again.

Message 6 of 17
JamesGL
Master

Hi TheMustangGT,

Try uninstalling the adapter. Reinstall it using the standalon driver. Download the driver in support.netgear.com.

Message 7 of 17
TheMustangGT
Aspirant

I did this allready multiple times. Nothing changed still the problem. The funny thing is, it happens when i open a folder on my computer and then i get a verry high ping and then sometimes i loose the connection and sometimes it fixes itself.

Message 8 of 17
TheMustangGT
Aspirant

Today it happened again and i klicked on troubleshoot problems and i got one problem that got fixed. The problem was called: The default getaway is not available. and then it says Fixed and the wifi works again.

Message 9 of 17
JamesGL
Master

Hi TheMustangGT,

Do you have other Windows 10 computer? if yes, try to install it on a different Windows 10 computer and check if the same issue.

Message 10 of 17
JamesGL
Master

Hi TheMustangGT,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we’ve provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

Message 11 of 17
TheMustangGT
Aspirant

i have a second PC but the problem is that this error only happens every two days or maybe just once a week. So i can not test that.

Message 12 of 17

The issue comes from Win 10 witch really sucks!

Message 13 of 17
JamesGL
Master

Hi TheMustangGT,

We have check or isolate it by using the other PC. Let's check if the issue is the same when using a different computer with the same OS.

Message 14 of 17
JamesGL
Master

Hi TheMustangGT,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we’ve provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 15 of 17

Or you can simply check with a different OS and see what's happening. If it's good it comes from the OS or PC.

Message 16 of 17
TheMustangGT
Aspirant

Small update.

I reseted my computer and installed Windows 10 new. The sticks works fine for now . I also got me a NETGEAR AC1750 R6400. I now got perfect connections everywhere in my house and never loose connections anymore. Thanks for your help.

Philipp,

Model: WNDA3100v3|N600 WIFI USB Adapter
Message 17 of 17
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series