× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

PoE on unmanaged switch

Presley
Aspirant

PoE on unmanaged switch

I was hoping to eliminate the need for PoE injectors by finding an unmanaged 24 port switch with PoE to power the WAPs and ArloQ+ cameras, etc. The switch will go in my AV rack. I use Control4 and unmanaged switches are highly recommended to avoid issues with their streaming infrastructure.

Since my googling isn't finding anything, can a managed switch be "dumbed down" easily? 

Thank you.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: PoE on unmanaged switch

Hi Presley,

On NETGEAR ProSAFE Managed Switches that supports PoE, there is no option to turn it into a dumb switch.  However, you can opt not to use the configurable settings since PoE is enabled by default. 

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Presley,

On NETGEAR ProSAFE Managed Switches that supports PoE, there is no option to turn it into a dumb switch.  However, you can opt not to use the configurable settings since PoE is enabled by default. 

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
Presley
Aspirant

Thank you.

Message 3 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Presley,

You're welcome. 🙂  Let me share the latest NETGEAR Business Products Catalog on this link.

Let us know if you have further questions.  Otherwise, if ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements