× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Trouble Connecting VoIP phones with GS116v2 switchboard

GG_ashley
Follower

Trouble Connecting VoIP phones with GS116v2 switchboard

Having trouble hooking up VoIP Phones to our GS116V2 switchboard.  I plug in the ethernet cord and no lights no nothing.  When I went through Netgear Troubleshooting they mentioned PoE complaince standards. I contacted the phone system and they are "Built-in auto-sensing IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet"  I believe this phone system meets the complaince but it is still not working.  Any idea would be greatly apprciated!  Maybe the switchboard cannot be compatiable with VoIP phones?

Model: GS116v2|16-port Gigabit Switch 10/100/1000 Mbps
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: Trouble Connecting VoIP phones with GS116v2 switchboard

If your switch label says it's a GS116v2 - and it's a GS116v2 as seen here - there is no PoE - your phones can't be powered by this switch.

What are your requirements for your VoIP installation (beyond of the 802.11af per phone)? Number of ports with power? Uplink? QoS? Dedicated VLAN for voice?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Re: Trouble Connecting VoIP phones with GS116v2 switchboard

If your switch label says it's a GS116v2 - and it's a GS116v2 as seen here - there is no PoE - your phones can't be powered by this switch.

What are your requirements for your VoIP installation (beyond of the 802.11af per phone)? Number of ports with power? Uplink? QoS? Dedicated VLAN for voice?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements