× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

0x80070035 error trying to access password protected drive on RN104

AlexSLTay
Aspirant

0x80070035 error trying to access password protected drive on RN104

My company recently upgraded my laptop to Lenovo T470 on Windows 10 Pro 64bit. I am able to map network drive and use my RN104 for "annonymous" drives. However, when I tried to map a restricted drive (requires ID and password) I got the following error code.

"We can't sign you in with this credential because your domain isn't available. make sure your device is connected to your organization's network and try again. If you previously signed in on this device with another credential, you can sign in with that credential."

It seems to be having a 0x80070035 error, but strangely enough don't have this problem when I map drive on my RN104 that does not require ID and password.

Has anyone faced the same problem and found a solution?

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 4
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: 0x80070035 error trying to access password protected drive on RN104

Windows does not allow you to sign into the same network device using two separate sets of credentials.  It appears to me that you are already connected to an anonomous share using your Domain ID, so Windows will not let you log in with a different NAS-only ID for the password protected share.  The easiest way around this is a hole in Windows where it does not know that the device by name is the same as the device by IP address.  So, use the name (e.g. //MyNAS) for one share type and the IP address (e.g.//192.168.0.100) for the other.  Another way is to go into the Windows credential manager (which you may have trouble accessing on a corporate computer) and make sure it is using the local NAS credentials for all logins.

Message 2 of 4
AlexSLTay
Aspirant

Dear Sandshark, thank you for your advice. Unfortunately it did not work for me. When I was able to map drive to my RN104 anonymous drives, I was using IP address. I could not use the name (e.g.//MyNAS) to access my NAS, not even on the anonymous drives. I followed some of the advice in the Internet, e.g. enabling NetBios over TCP/IP, LMHost etc, but just could not map to drive using the name. Have I come to the end of the road?

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

You could try using CMD

net use * /delete

net use T: \\MyNAS\Data /user:admin nas-admin-password

Or just use the IP address of course.

Note that Windows will leave sessions open to the NAS even after you close file explorer.  If you want to try different credentials, you can use  net use * /delete to kill those sessions first.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements