× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

2100 power supply failure / replacement

rdepas
Aspirant

2100 power supply failure / replacement

Had a power supply fail in a 2100. Opened it up to see the capacitors were leaking which is a known issues with that model. I have a 250W Enhance ENP-7025B power supply on order. Using a standard PC ATX power supply with a 20 pin connector on it and it is working but I heard a pop from the power supply when I plugged it in and have a feeling the pin out is not exactly the same for the ReadyNAS.

Looking for info on the pin out and how it relates to the standard ATX power supply so I don't cook anything in the new power supply.
Message 1 of 6
rdepas
Aspirant

Re: 2100 power supply failure / replacement

I widened the net on my search and found some posts for the NV+ which sounded similar. Assuming the same holds true for the 2100 in that I just need to match up the wire colors on the new 20 pin connector to the old per this drawing:

http://www.readynas.com/download/archive/pdf/ReadyNAS_PSU_pinout.pdf

Also changed my order out for the Apevia ITX-AP250W 250W Flex ATX Power Supply which was rated better. Really miss having dual power supplies in devices like this. Nice to see Netgear putting them in their higher units.
Message 2 of 6
chirpa
Luminary

Message 3 of 6
rdepas
Aspirant

Yes - it is using the seventeam power supply.

Would it be reasonable to think I can match up the 20 pin wire colors on the new power supply to the same as the old one? I will also reference your drawing but without knowing what the values are for Vcc, VSBY5, VCC3,... it is pretty hard to know exactly what values are being called out.
Message 4 of 6
chirpa
Luminary

Ya, if you match it to the current one, you should be fine.
Message 5 of 6
rdepas
Aspirant

Easy enough. Thanks Chirpa!
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements