× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AFP working but CIFS blank?

bradword
Aspirant

AFP working but CIFS blank?

So I have a ReadyNAS Pro 2. It has been working fine until the last 2 firmware updates. It is a pretty simple device, have a bunch of stuff in the media share and am now running the latest firmware (4.2.21). I have about 1800 megs in media share. Since the last couple updates when I either use a windows machine or use the CIFS from a Mac, the media share is there, but inside the folder is completely blank.

If I do the same thing on the same computer (mac) using AFP, everything is fine. I can read, write etc. I'm at a loss here. It's in my home, so only one user and it is set to allow guest access. I just updated to 4.2.21 today and no fix. I also turned off CIFS on the share and back on with no help. I rebooted the device with no help. Any ideas out there?
Message 1 of 3
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: AFP working but CIFS blank?

Try renaming the media share (don't forget to click Apply) then rename it back again. If this doesn't fix it contact NetGear tech support (http://www.readynas.com/support).

Do you have any add-ons installed? There was a known issue that was related to add-ons.
Message 2 of 3
bradword
Aspirant

Re: AFP working but CIFS blank?

The renaming trick worked. Gave me a slight heart attack when I first checked and everything was blank. Ha. Thanks mdgm, you're a life saver!
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements