× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ALL files and folders vanished but usage still high

Theonefelix
Aspirant

ALL files and folders vanished but usage still high

I recently noticed that utorrewnt was funcioning erratically on my readynas pro pioneer edition. i therefore uninstalled it and replaced it with Transmission.
afrer functioning well for a few minuted, transmission started fiving errors regarding permissions and file access. i went to look at the download folder, and it was empty.
Even wose my 5.4TB of media were gone too!! the media folder is now epty apart from a folder called transmission, but they are not in it.
On the plus side the usage of the drive indicated that the data is still there somewhere, and srtangely i can still access all the movies and music from my playstation using DLNA.
Any idea what could have happened?
Any idea how i can copy all the files over DLNA to another hard disk thus allowing me to reformat the nas?
i just don't want to loose all my hard earned media!
Message 1 of 5
gsusivo
Aspirant

Re: ALL files and folders vanished but usage still high

Check my post from today. I think we have the same problem. I am driving crazy....!!! My share 'openshare' is gone, and replaced by Media and Backup shares. If I take a look in Frontview (Volume), I can see the usage of the drive is the same as before (800GB (21%) of 3.9TB used), so the data should be on the drive (I pray!!). I think the problem is caused by transmission. But I neither have any idea how to solve this problem.
I already have sent a PM to super Poussin, the Netgear expert and the developer from Transmission.
Please let me know if you find the solution. I will do the same in my case!!!
Ivo
Message 2 of 5
Theonefelix
Aspirant

i am copying all media files on to playstation 80GB at a time, then transfering them onto other external hard disks i have running around.
this way i am hoping to save most of my data, in a slow laborious process. i hope we ger a real reply for this, my confidence in the system has really been shaken!
Message 3 of 5
Theonefelix
Aspirant

9/25/2011 8:17:00 PM
Hello Neil Felice,

Thank you for choosing Netgear ReadyNAS, my name is Derrick and I will be your support engineer. Since we are doing this online, it may require a few e-mail exchanges before we can resolve the issue. We will do our best to help resolve your case in the least possible time.

As your files are accessible but not showing in the ReadyNAS, we suspect that something disabled the CIFS.
We recommend that you enter frontview to make sure the CIFS are enabled. If they are disable and re enable them. This should re associate them with the files system.

Additional setup questions, troubleshooting, downloads, and video tutorials on beginner to advanced configurations for this product can also be found by visiting our product knowledgebase: http://www.readynas.com and http://www.readynas.com/faq. You may also find further help by visiting our community forums: http://www.readynas.com/forum

Please update email support cases by clicking here: http://my.netgear.com/myNETGEAR/support.asp
Through this link cases can be closed if an issue has been resolved, or updated with additional information.

We hope that the information provided above will resolve your case. Please feel free to contact us again if you require further assistance.

Thank you again for choosing NETGEAR ReadyNAS. Have a great day!

Sincerely,
Derrick
Agent ID: 5066
ReadyNAS Support Engineer
(US/Canada) 1-888-NETGEAR (Option 4 for Technical Support)
(UK) +44(0)8448 75 4000

**Please be aware that your case will auto-close from our system after 7 days of inactivity**

ReadyNASRNDP6000 16770816ots
9/25/2011 9:39:00 PM
Thanks for your reply,
Unfortunately CIFS was enabled, i tried to disble it, apply, re enable it and reapply just to be sure, but nothing changed.
Another piece to the puzzle. I uninstalled transmissions again, and reinstalled bittorent. all seems to be working fine, apart from the fact that bittrent is downloading files to an invisible location in Media. even stranger is tha fact that the file structures are all visible using my playstation 3 and even the new downloaded files ae in the bitorent folder in media, as they should be. No files show either in windows explorer or finder under Mac.
Any further ideas will be appreceated
Message 4 of 5
gsusivo
Aspirant

Hello,
I promised to tell you if my problem was fixed.
I asked super-poussin and he rescued my files by accessing my system using the Logmein service.

There's a bug in the Raidiator firmware 4.2.19 that causes this problem.
If i were you, i would send Super-Poussin a PM to solve your problem.
Kindly regards,

Ivo
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements