× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Access rights problems on SMB where the same access rights on FTP works as it should

BalROCK
Aspirant

Access rights problems on SMB where the same access rights on FTP works as it should

Hi, I have another problem with seeting up acces rights for users.

Example: I have a shared Folder X, and two users : MP and BFP, both in the users group LTP. Now, When I set LAN access rights to the X folder though FTP for LTP group and I log to the server using WinSCP both users normally access the folder. When I'm trying to access the same X folder tgough SMB none of them can access the folder unless I will explicitely set access rights though SMB for the specific user.

We have also some issues in establishing the access rights in file access layer. If Everyone if set - everything is ok, if not when user MP creates a file, user BFP can not open it, despite the fact taht he is at the same group (LTP) which is set as a Folders group.

Do we doing something wrong ?

Model: RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Access rights problems on SMB where the same access rights on FTP works as it should

Hello BalROCK,

May we ask for the model number of the NAS and its current FW version?

Configuring file and sub folder access is under File Access tab. Typical setup is it is set to "Everyone" then use Windows permissions through Windows explorer.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Access rights problems on SMB where the same access rights on FTP works as it should

Hello BalROCK,

May we ask for the model number of the NAS and its current FW version?

Configuring file and sub folder access is under File Access tab. Typical setup is it is set to "Everyone" then use Windows permissions through Windows explorer.

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello BalROCK,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 4
BalROCK
Aspirant

sorry for long time with no reply. After resetting access rights on folder tab, all back to normal. Too many concurrent admins 😕

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements