× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Adding disk problem (RND4210 v3)

gehbild
Follower

Adding disk problem (RND4210 v3)

We have a ReadyNAS NV+ RND4210 v3 with two disks installed (1TB each), X-RAID. So we get 1TB space with redundancy on two disks.

My problem is that DISK1 indicates problems and I wanted to replace it. But I was being stupid. Instead of removing DISK1 and replacing it, I added DISK3 (a similar 1TB disk) and thought that I would after that remove DISK1. But instead of getting redundancy on three disks I got a total of 1845GB of storage, laid out over three disks.

If I remove either DISK1 or DISK3, the web GUI for the NAS tells me that NAS is not redundant and if a disk would fail now I would loose data.

What to do? I want to remove DISK1, replace it with the disk that is currently in slot 3, and I want total storage to be 1TB as before. Please help...
Message 1 of 2
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Adding disk problem (RND4210 v3)

Your volume has expanded. X-RAID volumes are expandable not shrinkable.

You could ensure your backup is up to date, remove the failed disk, do a factory default (wipes all data, settings, everything) and restore data from backup.

Alternatively you could purchase another 1TB disk to replace the failed disk.

Welcome to the forum!
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements