× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Any trick to getting Firefly to pickup playlists from itunes

royalef
Aspirant

Any trick to getting Firefly to pickup playlists from itunes

When I first ran the itunes streaming I saw all my old playlists. Then I saw old and current. Now I see none. It might have been due to firefly version changes--I'm pretty sure firefly wasn't the original itunes streamer. And with itunes continuing to change stuff is gauranteed to break.

SInce Firefly is pretty much dead in the water, not many resources on the net.

It says it will pickup Playlists but I wonder if it expects a particular file in a specific place.
DO people see their itunes playlist showing up in their firefly server?
Message 1 of 4
grimloch
Aspirant

Re: Any trick to getting Firefly to pickup playlists from it

I believe firefly reads either your iTunes .xml or .itl database file, which needs to be located within the folder structure firefly is set to scan.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2
Message 2 of 4
royalef
Aspirant

That's what I had read, but it doesn't seem to be doing it anymore.
I'll move copies into the root of the music share and see if that helps.

I was thinking it might have broke with an iTunes update in the past 6 months.
Message 3 of 4
ReadyNASUser
Aspirant

I had the same problem - playlists (.m3u) working fine then at some point it stopped working.

In my case it turned out that at some point the advanced configuration of the FireFly Server had been reset - and the default is for Firefly not to process any playlists.

In the FireFly server config page click on "Configuration" then on "Advanced Configuration". There are two or three elements you can play with to process the playlists.

I can't remember - but I think I had to stop and restart the flyflyer server from FrontView and then run the file scanner for it to pick up the playlists - but it is working fine now (NV+ v4.1.8)

Hope this helps...
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements