× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Archive Bit backup to Windows share not working.

fdterry
Aspirant

Archive Bit backup to Windows share not working.

I cannot backup from my Windows 10 machines using Archive Bit.  I get the following log:

cli_list_new: Error: unable to parse name from info level 260
cli_list_new: unable to parse name from info level 260

I can connect to the Windows share in frontiview fine.

I believe timestamp backup is working okay.

Raidiator version 4.1.14

Would appreciate any thoughts.

Model: ReadyNASRND2000|ReadyNAS Duo Chassis only
Message 1 of 7
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS OS 6.5.0 Archive Bit backup to Windows share not working.

Hello fdterry,

What's the model number of the NAS? You mentioned in the title ReadyNAS OS 6.5.0 but in the body of the message you mentioned RAIDiator 4.1.14.

Regards,

Message 2 of 7
fdterry
Aspirant

It is a ReadyNAS Duo, purchased in 2008.

Message 3 of 7
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello fdterry,

We may need to change that title.

Correct me if I am wrong, Windows Archive bit is the 3rd party backup software you are using. Which one is the source and which one's the destination?

This error has something to do with SMB/CIFS access.

Can you map the NAS IP address?

Regards,

Message 4 of 7
fdterry
Aspirant

Yes, I was trying to select the model from a drop-down list.  It wasn't very clear and I must have selected the incorrect device model.

In any case, I am using the native Frontview backup software.  Sources are Windows 10 machines, backing up to a share on the ReadyNAs.  I can map the ReadyNAS address from the Windows machines (if what you mean by that is it can be set up as a lettered drive), and of course I can access the files on the ReadyNAs from the Windows computers.

I can successfully backup using cifs with timestamp, but it does not work with archive bit, reporting the error message previously indicated.

I must say that even before upgrading the computers from W7 to W10, archive bit backup was a bit funky--sometimes worked, sometimes not.  Now doesn't work at all.

Message 5 of 7
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello fdterry,

You must be referring to the Backup Job feature of the NAS.

It could be SMB version of the archive bit vs. the ReadyNAS'. This NAS is also one of the oldest model so if the Win10 is using some new version or updated protocols that could cause a compatibility problem as there will be no more new SW updates for EOL devices.

Regards,

Message 6 of 7
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello fdterry,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements