× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Backups run at the wrong time

counterpoint
Aspirant

Backups run at the wrong time

Strange that thread viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12211 was closed because it was old - last post in 2007 - but six years later the problem seems to be still there! Maybe threads should only be closed if they are definitely resolved.

I've a backup scheduled for 02:05 - 03:05 and time is configured as GMT+0 - the backup actually runs at 09:05. Nothing very special about the backup - storing data on a share in the NAS - running every day - taking data from a Windows share.
Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Re: Backups run at the wrong time

That is not something I am seeing on any of my NAS. What model do you have and what firmware is it running?
Message 2 of 5
counterpoint
Aspirant

ReadyNAS NV+ version 1 with the latest software.
Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Always best to give the actual firmware level, as opposed to "latest".

I suggest creating a new test backup job, and see if that has the same issue. I saw something like this once before, I think the problem was that I created the backup job before I set the timezone.
Message 4 of 5
counterpoint
Aspirant

Sorry, I was watching the backup run, and knew that I'd upgraded the software within the last few weeks. Version is 4.1.12. I'll try your suggestion, thanks.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements