× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Blinking blue power led after update to 6.6.0

christjcom
Aspirant

Blinking blue power led after update to 6.6.0

Hi there,

I am hoping someone will be able to assist me. I logged onto the web gui and was prompted to update the firmware to 6.6.0. I do so, and the nas drive now sits there with the blue led flashing and the drive 1 & 2 led solid.

I can boot into the boot menu and I have tried an os reinstall and a volume read only, both to no avail.

Is there anything that can be done or is it now kaput?

Thank you

Model: RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Blinking blue power led after update to 6.6.0

Which firmware did you update from?

Can you try putting 6.6.1 Beta on using USB Boot Recovery?

Message 2 of 8
corbo111aus
Aspirant

Mdgm Is great he will give you as much support as you need. 

Unfortunatly my Nas looks to have died so he is arranging an RMA for me. 

Legend!

Message 3 of 8
christjcom
Aspirant

Thank you mdgm,

I have just tried that, but to no avail I'm afraid.

Message 4 of 8
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi christjcom,

What ReadyNAS model are you using?

Can you still set the ReadyNAS to tech-support?

You can do this by going in the boot menu of your NAS and selecting tech support.

Please check the link below and look for the model number of your ReadyNAS for the guide.

ReadyNAS & ReadyDATA: Boot Menu

If you can still set it to tech support, there might be a chance that our support group can remotely login to check and hopefully fix the ReadyNAS. If you are within the 90-day support then its best that you call them, if not you can avail of a contract or maybe a per-incident support.

Contact NETGEAR Support

Regards,

Message 5 of 8
christjcom
Aspirant

Thank you FramerV, so what I believe you are saying is that I now have to pay to fix a problem created by an official update?

Message 6 of 8
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi christjcom,

Opting for support is your option. I agree that this happened during an official update but we are not certain that its the cause of the NAS not booting. As is, we have no idea what happened or if  we can even save the data on the NAS.

If you do not want to pay for the support, you can wait for someone in the community to help with the commands needed for an SSH access.

Other options you can try:

1. If you have a back-up of your files, factory defaulting would be something that you can consider.

2. Could be an issue with one of the drives, scanning them via a disk utility on PC should isolate that. If its a failing drive and if you have a RAID setup with fault tolerance then you can just replace the drive and have it sync. (X-RAID or X-RAID2 setup for the automatic sync).

3. If its a failed drive and you do not want to buy drives yet, you can just remove it and run on a degraded mode. (Again you should have a RAID setup that has fault tolerance).

Regards,

Message 7 of 8
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi christjcom,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements