× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't Access Shares or Web Interface on ReadyNAS NV+

GSTech
Aspirant

Can't Access Shares or Web Interface on ReadyNAS NV+

I've had my ReadyNAS NV+ for the last five years and have done the recommended F/W updates as they come out. Recently, I lost the ability to access the shares I've setup. When I used the web interface in Advanced mode, I found that I couldn't make any changes to the shares, so I restored a configuration that was a few years old. After that I couldn't get access to it through the web interface, nor could I access the shares through Windows, and RADAR would not connect. I decided to reload the O/S. Now I can see the ReadyNAS in RADAR and it indicates it's running v 4.1.14. I can also see my shares under Network in Windows Explorer again. Unfortunately, I cannot access the ReadyNAS through the web interface and when I try to browse my shares, a logon popup requests network credentials. I have tried running my IE 11 browser in compatibility view and added the IP address of my ReadyNAS, but the browser says "This page can't be displayed".

Any help would be appreciated. 

Message 1 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Re: Can't Access Shares or Web Interface on ReadyNAS NV+

Did you try firefox or chrome?

FWIW, 4.1.15-T3 beta works with edge, so it should work with IE-11.  I'm not running 4.1.14 anymore, so I can't test that.

Message 2 of 6
GSTech
Aspirant

I just tried Chrome, but get the same "This web page is not available" and ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED.

Perhaps I should try resetting to factory default, or how can I go about loading FW 4.1.15-T3 beta? Through a USB?

Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Since the problem with accessing the web ui started when you restored the old config (not when you upgraded the firmware), I am thinking the surest way is the factory default.

Message 4 of 6
vandermerwe
Master

Do you have a backup?

Do you have ssh access?

The OS reinstall would of course have reset the admin password to netgear1.  Have you tried these credentials.

This could be a full OS partition which would be cured by a factory default and restore from backup.  If you have ssh access we could help you to check this.

You're aware that a factory default will wipe the disks, I presume.

Message 5 of 6
GSTech
Aspirant

I understand the consequenses of reseting to factory default. I have a backup. After resetting to factory default, I went through the config wizard and now have full access through the web interface and I have access to my shares.

Thanks.

GSTech 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements