× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't access Ultra 2 after upgrading to OS 6.6

wcs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can't access Ultra 2 after upgrading to OS 6.6

I was on RAIDiator 4.2.30 but decided to update to OS6, I used the R4toR6_6.6.0.bin to update but now I can't access anything.  The power button is blinking, RAIDar says Management service is offline, when trying to access the admin site it says This site can’t be reached 192.168.1.137 refused to connect.

I tried to factory reset but it just does power button blinking thing.  Please treat me as a novice when explaining anything.  Any help would be appreciated.

Model: RNDP200U|READYNAS ULTRA 2 PLUS|EOL
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Can't access Ultra 2 after upgrading to OS 6.6

Hmmm. That's odd. Did you install the PrepR4toR6 add-on? If not you will need to do a manual factory default (wipes all data, settings, everything).

You do have to power off the NAS before you can enter the boot menu.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hmmm. That's odd. Did you install the PrepR4toR6 add-on? If not you will need to do a manual factory default (wipes all data, settings, everything).

You do have to power off the NAS before you can enter the boot menu.

Message 2 of 5
wcs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Looks like I skipped that step, got a bit confused with the instructions. Will be replying to the PM soon.

Message 3 of 5
wcs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks so much for your help, it's resyncing now, I'll post back if any problems arise.  Only thing is the model is wrong but I suppose that doesn't really matter as long as it works.

Message 4 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Glad I could help. Wiping the disks using a PC might have been all that was needed.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements