× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't browser very large folder, RN204

ssssss
Tutor

Can't browser very large folder, RN204

I have a folder with about 60000~ files and total in 800GB size. I am pretty sure I was able to access it through macOS Finder months ago(can't remember the exact firmware version), but I am unable to access it recently, either via SMB, or Web UI. Looks like it loading forever in macOS Finder. In web UI, it just freezes and I have to force close the tab.

I tried to reset share permission but didn't help. ReadyNAS upgraded to the latest version 6.9.5. One more thing to mention is that I am able to ssh and ls the folder, everything looks fine.

Thanks,

Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Re: Can't browser very large folder, RN204

You might want to test afp access, and see if that behaves differently.

If you have enough free space, you could also try creating a backup job to copy the share to a new one, and see if that works.  Note you can treat the backup source as "remote" by using 127.0.0.1 as the IP address.  Using "Windows backup" would test SMB, you can also test Rsync and FTP acess by selecting the appropriate protocols.

It might also be useful to download the log zip file from the web ui, and look for errors around the time you are trying to access the share.

Message 2 of 5
Icewaterhot
NETGEAR Employee

Hi  ssssss,

Have you opened file search?  If it is turned on, please turn it off and try again. and SMB Settings Enhance MacOS enbale?

Message 3 of 5
ssssss
Tutor

Yes, it's off, and i never true on before. And yes, Enhance MacOS is on

Message 4 of 5
Icewaterhot
NETGEAR Employee

Hi  ssssss,

You are trying  again and NAS will record the logs ,then send to me. I will check this issue.

Send the logs:

https://kb.netgear.com/21543/How-do-I-send-all-logs-to-ReadyNAS-Community-moderators.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements