× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't move, delete or rename file

jonashellsen
Aspirant

Can't move, delete or rename file

I have one file in a share on my NAS and I can't rename, remove or move it. I have reset the permissions under shares and also reset the permissions on the complete share. I have tried to remove it from my mac using different services AFP/SMB/FTP and also tried to remove the file through the HTTP-service/interface. Still no succes. If I delete the file in Finer on mac, it just reappeares. The NAS is updated with the latest firmware and rebooted and "repaired". No difference. The file won't move. Help!

Model: ReadyNASRNDU4220|ReadyNAS Ultra 4
Message 1 of 7
StephenB
Guru

Re: Can't move, delete or rename file

Is this a system file (.AppleDouble or .DS_Store)?

Message 2 of 7
jonashellsen
Aspirant

No, it's not. It's a simple .mp4. 

Model: ReadyNAS-Ultra 4|ReadyNAS-Ultra 4
Message 3 of 7
StephenB
Guru

What firmware are you running on the NAS?

Message 4 of 7
jonashellsen
Aspirant

RAIDiator 4.2.30

Message 5 of 7
jonashellsen
Aspirant

Hi again. For some weird reason I succeded to delete the file. I changed the permissions on the FTP-service and managed to remove the file with a FTP-client. (Flow). Such a relief, the file has been there for a couple of months, and the name of the file wasn't appropriate...Thanks anyway for your help StephenB!

Message 6 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@jonashellsen wrote:

Hi again. For some weird reason I succeded to delete the file. I changed the permissions on the FTP-service and managed to remove the file with a FTP-client. (Flow). Such a relief, the file has been there for a couple of months, and the name of the file wasn't appropriate...Thanks anyway for your help StephenB!

Glad you managed it.  Sometimes I've had files that I couldn't delete with Windows File Explorer, but I've always been able to remove them with http.

SSH is of course another option, and sometimes rebooting the NAS might force a file to become closed.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements