× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot access boot menu on ReadyNAS Ultra 6

mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Cannot access boot menu on ReadyNAS Ultra 6

If you get an OS6 NAS, the first hour of data recovery diagnostics for work performed would be about $200 USD, I think. Support could confirm on what the price is currently.

If you can't access the boot menu on the Ultra 6 then we can't do data recovery using the Ultra 6.

If the array is fine it's possible that you may not need data recovery services at all.

If you insert a scratch disk into the OS6 NAS you can update the firmware to the latest (currently 6.2.4), verify the firmware update completed successfully, power down, remove the scratch disk, move your disks across (label order) and power on the NAS normally.

If it comes up fine you can backup your data (you will get some enclosure errors but you can ignore these).

If it does not come up then you would need to power off the NAS and contact support for assistance with data recovery.

Message 26 of 27
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Cannot access boot menu on ReadyNAS Ultra 6

Well it turns out the unit is fine. The firmware was missing on the internal flash. I fixed that and the system was able to boot up.

Hopefully the boot menu works fine now, but if not the workaround I provided should work to use the boot menu should you ever need it.

Message 27 of 27
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 26 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements