× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot connect discovery server

Richkiddy
Aspirant

Re: Cannot connect discovery server

I did run it as admin - nothing. Also, as I can't get access to the nas as admin, anything else I can do is limited.

Help!
Message 26 of 38
krazydav
Aspirant

Are you using static IP. If so, try switching to DHCP and also make sure IPv6 is enabled and also DHCP, at least temporarily. To be sure the new settings take reboot the NAS. I also had discovery server issues that I found were somehow linked to IPv6 and possibly static IP.
Message 27 of 38
jonrico
Aspirant

I was unable to connect to the discovery server until I switched from a static IP back to DHCP.

I now use the router to always assign a fixed IP to the mac address of the NAS.
Message 28 of 38
krazydav
Aspirant

Yep, I would say this is an issue that Netgear needs to address.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Message 29 of 38
aerostef
Aspirant

I have the same issue, I can see my NAS (ping and in file explorer) but can't access the web portal... Can anyone help?
Message 30 of 38
StephenB
Guru

aerostef wrote:
I have the same issue, I can see my NAS (ping and in file explorer) but can't access the web portal... Can anyone help?
This is likely not the same issue.

Are you running 6.2.2 firmware? If so, did the problem begin when you uninstalled an app?
Message 31 of 38
aerostef
Aspirant

Yes running 6.2.2 firmware... I did uninstall an app yes.
I tried an OS reinstall but still the same issue. I can't manage any of the settings as I can't access the webpage, either directly or via readycloud
Message 32 of 38
StephenB
Guru

aerostef wrote:
Yes running 6.2.2 firmware... I did uninstall an app yes.
I tried an OS reinstall but still the same issue. I can't manage any of the settings as I can't access the webpage, either directly or via readycloud
Correct.

That is a very different problem than not connecting with the discovery server. You have run into a bug in 6.2.2. An OS reinstall does not help.

You can contact support (support.netgear.com), telling them to run into this bug. They shouldn't charge (if they try to, perhaps PM mdgm). Someone who posts here from Netgear might also PM you, offering to fix it. It can be easily fixed remotely.

If you have ssh installed, or have a scratch disk handy you can fix it yourself. Let us know if you want instructions on that.
Message 33 of 38
aerostef
Aspirant

Tech support is on the case... I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the help!
Message 34 of 38
zabba1
Aspirant

Hi,
I'm new to this forum, and fairly noob with the NAS. I have a RN10400 with 4x WD30EFRX drives - 2 used to be Seagate Barricudas - more on that later.
I had the NAS running well for a year or so. I had a drive failure about 6 months ago and did a swap and resync successfully.
I then had another failure about 1 month ago. I swapped the drive and the NAS resynced. During resync another drive failed. I don't know if the resync was done before the second failure.
I put a new drive in to replace the second failure and I'm now getting a 'cannot connect discovery server' error. I can't access the NAS thru the web portal. I can't access thru windows explorer (Windows 7). I can't see the NAS on my router webportal. I can't ping the NAS IP, but I can see the NAS using RAIDar (and it says the drives are healthy).
It seems like a router or ethernet connection issue maybe (RT-AC66U) but I haven't changed any settings on my router. I'm moved the cable to both ports, and nothing. Both have a green flashing light.
I have a static IP on my NAS. I was trying to change to a dynamic IP but I can't access the NAS so I don't know how to do this.
Any help would be fantastic.
Message 35 of 38
StephenB
Guru

An OS reinstall will reset to a dynamic IP (and also will reset the admin password to "password").

However, that might not be the problem. Can you post the IP address that RAIDar is reporting and also the (internal) IP address of the router?
Message 36 of 38
Leo_sarkis
Aspirant

I setup my Ready nass with Static IP Adrress (reseverd it on my router) .... And in the time that I did it working fine ......
After I turn off my ready nass and turn on another day coming up this menssage  """""  CANNOT CONNECT DISCOVERY SERVER  """" on the screen of the readynass 104 .........  From readynass APP was not possible to conect but after plug computer on cable I was able to login on my Readynass and check configuration on network ........I dont remember left it on (enable)  IPV6     
any way I was disable it  ..... after I just disable it the message gone ,.....and my static Ip adress come up
I setup static and reserved it on my router .....

Have print screen here for any one to solve this problem .   Good luck guys .... Robot Happy  Smiley Wink  ... .... Robot Happy  Smiley Wink  ... .... Robot Happy  Smiley Wink  ... .... Robot Happy  Smiley Wink  ... .... Robot Happy  Smiley Wink  ... .... Robot Happy  Smiley Wink  ... .... Robot Happy  Smiley Wink  ... .... Robot Happy  Smiley Wink  ... .... Robot Happy  Smiley Wink  ... .... Robot Happy  Smiley Wink  ... .... Robot Happy  Smiley Wink  ... .... Robot Happy  Smiley Wink  ... .... Robot Happy  Smiley Wink  ... .... Robot Happy  Smiley Wink  ... .... Robot Happy  Smiley Wink  ... .... Robot Happy  Smiley Wink  ... .... Robot Happy  Smiley Wink  ... .... Robot Happy  Smiley Wink  ... .... Robot Happy  Smiley Wink  ... .... Robot Happy  Smiley Wink  ... .... Robot Happy  Smiley Wink  ... .... Robot Happy  Smiley Wink  ... 

Spoiler
Robot Indifferent

Cannot connect discovery server.jpg

Message 37 of 38
Leo_sarkis
Aspirant

Ups.... also setup my DNS  in the same Ip adress that has my modem just in case  to prevent it again maybe

Message 38 of 38
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 37 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements