× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cant access backup folder list

manc011
Aspirant

Cant access backup folder list

Hi there, I have done a few searches but can't find what I am after so please excuse me if it has been covered. I Cant access my backup folder list when attempting to create a backup job in frontview. I was wondering if someone could please assist me so that I can fix this? I have the latest firmware installed & wanted to access a backup folder location on a USB drive. I can't seem to access any drop down folders on my NAS or USB devices.
Message 1 of 9
ewok
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Cant access backup folder list

The browse functionality will only work on local shares.
Message 2 of 9
manc011
Aspirant

I can't even access the shares on the NAS HDD's itself.
Message 3 of 9
ewok
NETGEAR Expert

What happens when you try to access the folder list? Empty list, browser hangs, etc.?
Message 4 of 9
manc011
Aspirant

When I try to access the drive, I click on the browse button & a window pops up but the list is empty. I have reset the firmware but it seems to have reset the logon password but not the permissions which is something that I would have liked it to have done.
Message 5 of 9
ewok
NETGEAR Expert

Does your browser report any javascript errors on the page? Do the files and folders in the folder contain non-alphanumeric names?
Message 6 of 9
manc011
Aspirant

My browser has no javascript errors on the page. The files and folders in the folder do not contain non-alphanumeric names to the best of my knowledge. I have had the list populate previously with no problems. Is there a way I can reset all permissions so that it will work? I did reinstall the firmware but it only reset my password from what I can see. I am also getting errors when trying to modify a file on the NAS where it is locked & I can't change it from my Mac. If I copy the file to my Mac I can change it then transfer it back. Any solutions would be appreciated.
Message 7 of 9
jberger
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue in IE and Firefox. When attempting to browse the backup share from the "add new backup job" tab, the window hangs on the backup folder with no subfolders visable.

I created 3 folders in the backup folder using the "add new backup job" tab. Those folders appear in a windows mapped drive as a string of non-standard characters. I can create new folders from the same windows mapped drive that appear correct (lowercase readable names).
Message 8 of 9
ewok
NETGEAR Expert

Try creating a new share, adding a few simple directories to it, and browsing it in the create/edit backup page just as a sanity check. If that works, then it's likely to be share-specific.
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements