× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cant connect shares if I want IPv4 assignment: to values bel

kema
Aspirant

Cant connect shares if I want IPv4 assignment: to values bel

Hey. I have recently disconnected all my network cables from my router. And now all my local IP’s are all mixed up. My Ready NAS duo was 192.168.0.14 and now it is 192.168.0.12. everything is linked to the …14 IP, so wanted my NAS back to 192.168.0.14. I choose IPv4 assignment: to values below IPv4 address: 192.168.0.14. At guess what it worked. Here to the problem: when I use “values below” I’m not able to connect to shares with restriction on. I don’t have permission. As soon as I go back to “ Use values from DHCP sever I can connect again to restricted shares. It has been a problem always, so I used to change all my settings on my connection when it changed the IP, but don’t want to that anymore, it means I have to change all my playlist and stuff.

Hope u can help me out here, I find it very strange.
Message 1 of 3
ewok
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Cant connect shares if I want IPv4 assignment: to values

What kind of restrictions are you referring to and over which protocol are you trying to access the NAS? Normally, if your network is using DHCP for IP address assignment, you'll want to tell your router to associate a specific IP (192.168.0.14 in this case) with the MAC address of the NAS instead of giving the NAS a static IP. This way, your NAS will always get the 192.168.0.14 address.
Message 2 of 3
kema
Aspirant

Re: Cant connect shares if I want IPv4 assignment: to values

Ok I tried that. I get the exact same result I referee to a new topic I created the same problem, but hopefully better explained. viewtopic.php?f=23&t=55736 I just want a share my family can connect to and no other. It doesn’t matter if it is with help of group, host or user restriction. Thanks for your reply.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements