× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Case 18113320 RNPP PSU fan dead

TechZ1
Aspirant

Case 18113320 RNPP PSU fan dead

I've already faced an issue where my PSU on the NV+ failed completely, fortunately NetGear did their best and the NV+ is working fine till date (knocks on wood)

What I sent in my support ticket:

Hi,
Yesterday (March 11th 2012), the FAN on the power-supply of my ReadyNASRNDP6000 seems to have stopped working as I received a warning of "Out of Spec" on the temp. It showed 66*C and I shut the device down immediately.

I didn't notice that the fan was not working, I removed the dust from the case and powered the unit back up on my desk and only then did I notice the fan not working.

I would like to request a new Power-Supply as I don't think the fan can be replaced on its own (I read the forums and another user seems to have had the same issue).

I currently reside in Bahrain and the unit was purchased in UAE at Al Suwaidi Computer Co. L.L.C.

Please let me know what is required from my side.
Thanks

Hoping that NetGear will send me a new power-supply since its still under hardware warranty till 2014 (from here it seems its a Seasonic unit, but NetGear probably modify the power connectors it before using it?). Although it seems over-kill to need a new PSU just because the fan stopped working.

If NetGear can convince the UAE re-seller to send me a new PSU, it would save everyone (including myself) a lot of time & shipping expense!
Message 1 of 3
TechZ1
Aspirant

Re: Case 18113320 RNPP PSU fan dead

Glad to say that I got a response within a few hours, they directed me to their UAE office though. Fortunately I already contacted the seller in UAE and am hoping they will sort out a replacement PSU for me.
Message 2 of 3
TechZ1
Aspirant

Re: Case 18113320 RNPP PSU fan dead

Well, this hasn't gone too well. All I want is a replacement internal PSU (I'm now thinking I should just take apart the NAS and either get a new PSU off newegg or replace the fan myself).

Product: ReadyNASRNDP6000
Serial Number: -
Country of Purchase: UAE
Purchased on: 22/Aug/2009
Registered on: 22/Aug/2009

Standard Product Warranty:
- Hardware Warranty: Available till 21/Aug/2014
- Free Installation Support Warranty: Expired on 20/Nov/2009
- Power Supply Warranty: Expired on 21/Aug/2014
- Accessories Warranty: Expired on 21/Aug/2014

Hoping someone can take a look at my support ticket as I've even found an official Netgear re-seller in Bahrain, whom I can take the NAS to! But since I bought the device in UAE, they're all telling me that I need to take it back to UAE for an RMA.

Does Netgear expect that in a global economy everyone lives in the same place forever? 😕
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements