× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Checking for updates makes admin gui unresponsive?

hurnik
Aspirant

Checking for updates makes admin gui unresponsive?

I had updated the firmware to 6.2.something a while ago and it was the version that had the nasty bug that if you removed an app it would hose your NAS. So NetGear support fixed the app removal and the NAS is back. It's been fine for a while (months).

I figured since it's at 6.2.2 right now, I might see about updating to the latest firmware (BTW it's a ReadyNas 312).
But every time I click on the "check for updates", it makes the Web GUI report that the device is offline (takes a few minutes of no response).
Apache IS running.

If I reboot the NAS everything comes back.

Is it not possible to update?
Is there a CLI method to fetch the update and update that way?
Message 1 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Checking for updates makes admin gui unresponsive?

# cd /root
# wget url
# unzip filename.zip
# ls
# echo /root/ReadyNASOS-6.2.4-x86_64.img > /etc/.flash_update

Then reboot the NAS.

It shouldn't go offline like that. Have you checked to make sure your network settings correct? If you have set a static I.P. address you should check that you set DNS correctly etc.
Message 2 of 4
hurnik
Aspirant

mdgm wrote:

# cd /root
# wget url
# unzip filename.zip
# ls
# echo /root/ReadyNASOS-6.2.4-x86_64.img > /etc/.flash_update

Then reboot the NAS.

It shouldn't go offline like that. Have you checked to make sure your network settings correct? If you have set a static I.P. address you should check that you set DNS correctly etc.

Thanks I will try that. when the device goes "offline", it's only the web GUI. You can still access the Shares/etc. just fine.
Message 3 of 4
hurnik
Aspirant

Heh, I forgot to set the DNS server when I had reset the ReadyNas a while back due to the bad 6.2.x upgrade that hosed the unit. Go figure.

However, you'd think the web GUI could reply with "failed to contact NetGear to check for updates" instead of taking the entire admin portion offline.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements