× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Clean USB Task

sisao
Aspirant

Clean USB Task

Hi,

as the topic i'm referring to is pretty old i have created a brand new thread --> http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=47774

Basically i see there is a solution for the problem described within the link above, but not a real explanation of the cause, hopefully i have not searched this forum properly.
At the moment my NAS is not usable as my attached USB drive suffers the problem on a daily basis and i'm not able to run my daily backup jobs. I thought the problem was due to many jobs accessing the drive at the same time, i accepted the problem as it was and i merged all into one job, but apparently i was wrong and i still have to use the Clean USB thingy daily 😄 .

I do not have any other reason to access the USB drive but automatically from the backup jobs so i can't really imagine why this is occurring. Any idea on this?

The Pro2 also suffers this problem as i saw it with my eyes, but in general that's a pretty more stable device and i'm thinking about migrating to something more serious as i do "feel" i own an entry level item.

Regards.

Edit: Readynas DUO is my device 🙂
Message 1 of 2
adamabf
Aspirant

Re: Clean USB Task

What firmware are you running? have you updated recently? maybe you should as this seems to be a problem from a while ago.

How does this make the drive unusable?
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements