× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Deteleting and Moving shares around

SaNogueira
Follower

Deteleting and Moving shares around

Hi all!!

My boss just gave me the amazing job to sort our Movie Box. We have at least 10.000 movies on it - duplicate ones, empty folders, random folders...

I have never used ReadyNas before, and I'm way far from be a computer expert.

I have just started this sorting out situation and already found problems. For example, there's a few movies that i can just select the tick box and delete with no issue, although most of them are anable to delete??

Also, is there anyway to indetify the duplicate folders existing on the ReadyNas?

As i said we have at least 10.000 under 15 different folders and i can't see a way to organise them alphabetically to make my work easier, or for instance get them all together and start sorting from the begining?

I'm very lost and would really appreciate any help.

Just keep in mind i have no IT background but I'm willing to try my best to get this sorted.

Thank you in advance.

Sabrina

Message 1 of 2
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Deteleting and Moving shares around

Hi SaNogueira,

Welcome to the community!

Try to check these articles and it will help you understand how shares are being accessed on computers.  Unfortunately, you won't be able to identify which folders are duplicated aside from checking them one by one using Windows File Explorer.

How to set and access ReadyNAS Shares (OS 4.x)

How to set and access ReadyNAS Shares (OS 6.x)

Let me know if you have other questions.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements