× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Dropbox backup

GavinBnz
Aspirant

Dropbox backup

Hi there, 

Have ReadyNAS 312

I'm looking to back shares up to dropbox, as per this link

https://kb.netgear.com/23434/How-can-I-set-up-Dropbox-backup-on-my-ReadyNAS-OS-6-storage-system

However on the backup tab, i dont see cloud storage shown, how can i enable this ? 

Thanks

Gavin

Message 1 of 19
crazy_toy
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Dropbox backup

Hi GavinBnz

Please see on Cloud tab, like below screenshot

dropbox.png

Message 2 of 19
GavinBnz
Aspirant

Hi, This looks to be already enable on the cluoud tab, but nothing on backup tab Capture.PNG

Message 3 of 19
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello GavinBnz,

For the ReadyDrop there is no need for backup you will just need to sync a share/folder from the NAS to a Folder on your dropbox account in a single, bidirection.

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 19
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello GavinBnz,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution.

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,
Marty_M
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 19
redelman
Aspirant

Hi,

I've created several bidirectional sesions on Dropbox Cloud and it worked very well the first time. However it doesn't update changes on files to dropbox.

any clue?

thank you.

Regards

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 6 of 19
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@redelman,

Please make sure the Internet and Service has green check marks under the Cloud tab on the Admin page if the NAS. You may also want to try setting up static DNS address on your NAS to 8.8.8.8

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 19
redelman
Aspirant

thanks, I've just changed DNS to 8.8.8.8 but still not working. Do I have to restar NAS?

I can't find what you mean. Please indicate if this is ok.

nas.jpg

Message 8 of 19
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@redelman,

Rebooting the NAS may help. What firmware version is running on the NAS? Can you provide screen shot of the Cloud tab.

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 9 of 19
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@redelman,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,
Marty_M
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 10 of 19
redelman
Aspirant

Firmware 6.7.5.

nas2.jpg

Message 11 of 19
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@redelman,

Do you have sufficient free space on the NAS for the capacity of your Dropbox account? Please check the time and date setting of the NAS. Also check if there are change of file/directoriy permissions on the Dropbox folder.

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 12 of 19
redelman
Aspirant

thank you Marty for your help.

Dropbox space 43Gb used from 1Tb. Lot of space available.

NAS 400Gb used, 2,2 Tb Free.

the funny thing is if I turn off dropbox api and turn on it again and configure every folder to backup again, it begings to backup, but only once. So for me is like a manual backup.

Is it possible to erase the API and install it again?

Message 13 of 19
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@redelman,

Based on the description of the issue that you have provided, I may need to check this with others who can probably assist you and get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks for your cooperation!

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 14 of 19
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello redelman,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

Regards,
Marty_M
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 15 of 19
redelman
Aspirant

Hi Marty,

have u obtained any answer?

Thanks

Message 16 of 19
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello redelman,

Can you please provide us a copy of the complete logs of the NAS. You may use file sharing web site like wikisend in providing us the logs and just PM the download link.

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 17 of 19
redelman
Aspirant

Dear Marty,

I've found an alternate solution. I've created several backup jobs to one folder and Dropbox backups only that folder.

It seems Dropbox API has a problem managing several sesions.

this solution means to duplicate all data and have backup in the cloud once a day. It's not the best, but it's a solution for now.

I guess on next versions of the API will work better.

thanks 

Message 18 of 19
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello redelman,

It is nice to hear you managed to find a work around about the concern. As for the question, is it possible to erase the API and install it again? No, it is not possible to uninstall and reinstall the API.

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 19 of 19
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements