× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Error: dst_release+14, ReadyNAS Ultra 4

thfikkan
Aspirant

Error: dst_release+14, ReadyNAS Ultra 4

I'm experiencing some issues with my ReadyNAS Ultra 4.  Occasionally the NAS seems to crash, displaying "dst_release+14" on the LCD display. When this happens the NAS is not responing on the network. The only way to kick it back to life is to do a hard reboot. This have happend a couple of times the last weeks.

Nothing is recorded in the logs.

FW 6.7.5

2 x WD RED 4TB, RAID 1

1 x Seagate 2TB, single JBOD volume

1 x Samsung 1TB, single JBOD volume

Does anyone have a clue what can cause this error message?

Model: ReadyNAS-Ultra 4|ReadyNAS-Ultra 4
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Error: dst_release+14, ReadyNAS Ultra 4

You're running out of memory.  The Ultra 4 only had 1GB RAM, while all the native OS6 x86 machines have at least 2GB.  You can probably avoid this condition by disabling memory-hungry tasks.  The two largest consumers in your case are Anti-Virus and Logitech Media Server.  If you can disable AV, that would be your best bet.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello thfikkan,

Are you using IPv6? If not, please make sure it is disabled from the admin page. Also, do you have 2 LAN cables plugged in to the NAS?

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 2 of 7
thfikkan
Aspirant

Hi JennC,

I'm only using IPv4, so as you recommended I've now disabled IPv6 for the connected NIC. Only 1 NIC is currently being used/is connected to my switch. I also did an FW upgrade to 6.8.0 last night.

Message 3 of 7
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello thfikkan,

Can you send the logs please? You may upload it to your DropBox or Google docs and send me the download link.

Regards,

Message 4 of 7
thfikkan
Aspirant

Link to logs sent as PM.

Message 5 of 7
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

You're running out of memory.  The Ultra 4 only had 1GB RAM, while all the native OS6 x86 machines have at least 2GB.  You can probably avoid this condition by disabling memory-hungry tasks.  The two largest consumers in your case are Anti-Virus and Logitech Media Server.  If you can disable AV, that would be your best bet.

Message 6 of 7
thfikkan
Aspirant

@Skywalker wrote:

Thanks for the tip. After disabling AV, File search and IPv6 the NAS have been running without issues for a few weeks 🙂

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements