× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Frontview - No access to Duo

skyfox
Aspirant

Frontview - No access to Duo

I can't get in to the DUO via frontview and no longer have WEBDAV access. Looks like the HTTPS server has stopped working.

So far tried....

Rebooting from Flash (Hold down Reset for 1st led Blink)
Rebooting With USB

Nothing doing. Can access all my data and the device works well over LAN. But cant get to ForntView.

Have the latest version of frimware 4.1.8 and Raidar. Actually installed 4.1.8 from a USB boot. Had 4.1.7 when I booted with a USB image. It has now been upgraded to 4.1.8 as shown on Raidar after the USB boot was completed.

No data was lost. But still can't access Fontview. "This Webpage Cannot be displayed. Tried both Internet Explorer and Firefox. Tried from several different computers as well.

Frontview access failed after I did some changes to network settings when it was 4.1.7. Mainly, Set the MTU from 1500 to 1492 and enabled WEBDAV server for the share. I have a 2nd identical Duo which I did the same MTU settings and enabled WEBDAV. @nd Duo works fine and I can still access the frontview on the 2nd unit which had had 4.1.7 at time of change. Both Duo's have been been upgraded to 4.1.8.

Also I am using custom port #'s (not 443) for WEBDAV on both units. WEBDAV used to work on both units (SLOW), but they worked and unit #2 is still working,

So as a test on the frontview failing unit, I removed the two hard drives and installed a blank drive and set-it up from scratch. With the new drive in place, I can access the frontview with this unit. But when I put my original disks back in, no access to Frontview. How do I go about getting my front view back. Keep in mind I cannot get in to the unit for enabling or installing Addons (ie. SSH etc.)

I have X-RAID set-on both units. On the Frontview failing unit, I removed the drive from the LEFT bay. Took the drive from Right bay and put that in to the Left Bay. Then rebooted the unit with Only one drive installed (original left bay drive was left out). System would not boot-up. Thought 2nd drive was suppose to mirror the first one? But when I put the Original drive configuration back, unit boots up and both drives are happy after a resync. What gives?

Is the configuration only Stored in Drive that was originally in the left bay? Beacuse I can boot with just the original Left drive in place while leaving the Right drive out and still have access to my shares (granted it is no longer redundant).

There are no disk errors and unit resyncs normally when I put the 2nd drive back in.

HELP! I ned my fronview access back with my two original disks. I need it, I need it, I Neeeeeeeeeeeeeed it!

Thanks
Message 1 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Frontview - No access to Duo

Please open a tech support case and post your case number (preferably editing the thread title i.e. subject of first post in the thread to include your case number). NetGear has a method of remotely logging onto ReadyNAS units (they can give instructions on how to give them access). Note that depending on the problem there may be a fee attached to them doing this.
Message 2 of 6
skyfox
Aspirant

mdgm,

How do I do that? Unit is out of warranty. Can I still do that?

Thanks
Message 3 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

So you purchased your unit brand new over 3 years ago?

I would still suggest contacting online tech support and seeing what they have to say. Let us know how you get on.
Message 4 of 6
psxstudio
Aspirant

any update on this issue. I'm also having the same issue after upgrading to 4.1.8 all the shares can be accessed but no frontview. =[
Message 5 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

psxstudio is your unit still under warranty? Regardless, have you tried contacting NetGear tech support (http://www.readynas.com/support)?

As I mentioned earlier in the thread to skyfox please also let us know here how you get on.

Also have you tried an OS Re-install (http://www.readynas.com/kb/faq/boot/how_do_i_use_the_boot_menu)?
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements