× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to re-register a ReadyNAS Duo v2

bhare
Aspirant

How to re-register a ReadyNAS Duo v2

I purchased this NAS as a gift for my son.  He has gone on to bigger and better storage options and has returned it to me.  I want to register the unit in my name but the online ?*#! system won't accept it because of a prior registration of the Serial number.  I know it is out of warranty but I would like to have better access to information about this unit. 

Model: ReadyNASRND2000v2|ReadyNAS Duo v2 Chassis only
Message 1 of 7
StephenB
Guru

Re: How to re-register a ReadyNAS Duo v2

You can't re-register it, so the best you can do is take over your son's account.  Personally I think Netgear should allow registration of used equipment (identifying it as used in the registration).

What firmware is the duo running?  

Message 2 of 7
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello bhare,

You can try asking your son about the password he used on my.netgear.com, in case he already forgot you can use Forgot Password option. Once you are logged from there maybe you can change the email address that is registered as well as the name of the registered name.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 3 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You can access all the documentation and downloads for the NAS without needing to register it.

Message 4 of 7
bhare
Aspirant

He isn't sure how he registered it but I can give it a shot.  Thanks.

Message 5 of 7
bhare
Aspirant

Firmware is 5.3.11

It appears that Netgear supports the original user but not the hardware itself.  Ironically, I am the original purchaser.  I gave this to my son as a gift and he outgrew it and returned it to me...

Message 6 of 7
bhare
Aspirant

I'm trying to access the genie apps and have the documentaion.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements